PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 11:46 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
How to Re-Provision my Evo? - NEED HELP

Anybody have the steps and codes to re-provision the Evo? My phone is still missing calls like crazy. And when my phone finally does ring, people are hanging up cause the phone rang too long. Most times I only know I had a call if the voicemail icon shows up.

I want to try to reprogramming my phone before I take it back to BestBuy. Any help would be great

Old 02-09-2011, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: How to Re-Provision my Evo? - NEED HELP

The steps are as follows: using your phone dial pad dial ##3282#

Select edit mode and enter you device's msl code. Go to Data Profile then press menu and choose 'restore". Your phone will reboot and reprovision upon reboot.

You must have your msl code to do this. Get it by calling sprint customer support and ask for it. If you are rooted you can download "msl reader" from the android market and run it to get your msl code. If you're not rooted just call in to sprint cust service and explain what you are trying to do and they will give you your msl code in order to do this. Write it down and save it! Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:06 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post

Select edit mode and enter you device's msl code. Go to Data Profile then press menu and choose 'restore". Your phone will reboot and reprovision upon reboot.

You must have your msl code to do this. Get it by calling sprint customer support and ask for it. If you are rooted you can download "msl reader" from the android market and run it to get your msl code. If you're not rooted just call in to sprint cust service and explain what you are trying to do and they will give you your msl code in order to do this. Write it down and save it! Good luck.

Thanks I will try this now and report back
Old 02-09-2011, 12:16 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post

Is it ##3282#, then push the call button?
Old 02-09-2011, 12:28 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

I was able to get into the data menu. Right now its in "Hands Free Activation" mode and it says "connecting to network"
Old 02-09-2011, 12:43 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

My phone has been in this "Hands Free Activation" mode since 11:28am. Its now 11:40am.

I think I may have a problem
Old 02-09-2011, 01:15 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

This is not working. I rebooted the phone because it would not come out of hands free mode. So I tried restoring data again with ##3282 and its back in Hands free activation mode. Any help?
Old 02-09-2011, 01:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
This is not working. I rebooted the phone because it would not come out of hands free mode. So I tried restoring data again with ##3282 and its back in Hands free activation mode. Any help?
Just call Sprint and they will help you get this process done faster. Had this happen to me and during the call it started activating. Don't worry about the phone being rooted or anything.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:37 PM
DaGreatOne
Threadstarter

Still stuck in hands free activation mode
Old 02-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Laying low in smoke
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

hypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rephypeo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

take the battery out for about 1 minute, restart your phone. if that don't work, place it on airplane mode then take it off of airplane mode. This usually restarts all data connections.

This has worked for me in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Still stuck in hands free activation mode

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G