PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Help-How to restore my settings/ROM/contacts on a new EVO? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=136479)

jj970 11-05-2010 03:26 AM

Help-How to restore my settings/ROM/contacts on a new EVO?

Hey all...

My USB port just went bad...won't connect reliably after just 4 months.

Anyway, called Sprint and the CSR said they will replace it, but I'm rooted and love my settings.

How do I get my new phone set up just as like my old phone was?
I'd like to have my texts/contacts/ROM/apps all just like my old phone was...

Is there an easy way to do this? Or do I just have to do each one, piece by piece?

I didn't sync my contacts to Google. I do have Titanium.

Thanks to all!

Jason

bradart 11-05-2010 04:31 AM

Do a nandroid and put your old sdcard in the new phone. Riotnew phone. Restore nandroid. Profit.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

jj970 11-05-2010 10:31 AM

Re: Help-How to restore my settings/ROM/contacts on a new EVO?

Ah...seems easy peasy. Thanks.
Good thing you told me though, because I wouldn't have known to keep my phone and card before swapping out my phone.

Anyone know the name of the nand file so I can back it up on my comp just in case?

jj970 11-05-2010 10:53 AM

Ok...another question...what is the difference between Nand backup, Clockwork and Titanium? What does one restore that the other doesn't? Will nand restore give me everything back?

billyapd21 11-05-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj970 (Post 1988673)
Ok...another question...what is the difference between Nand backup, Clockwork and Titanium? What does one restore that the other doesn't? Will nand restore give me everything back?

Great question! I'm trying to find the answer to this as well. I really want to flash a new rom! So far I'm rooted using Unrevoked 3.2 and I made a Nand Backup using Rom Manager. I downloaded Titanium backup but I'm unsure what I should backup. Any help would be great!

cruise350 11-05-2010 11:38 AM

Titanium backup, backs up apps and app data, not your contacts or settings. A nand backup is a complete image of your phone when you do the backup, all apps, system programs, settings, contacts, texts, emails, etc are backed up.

billyapd21 11-05-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruise350 (Post 1988692)
Titanium backup, backs up apps and app data, not your contacts or settings. A nand backup is a complete image of your phone when you do the backup, all apps, system programs, settings, contacts, texts, emails, etc are backed up.

I was under the impression that it didn't back up contancts and programs?

So If I do a nand backup of my current rom and then flash a new rom and don't like it, I can just do a restore of my old rom and it will be exactly the same as before I flashed? With all my settings, alarm clock, programs, game progress etc?

OMJ 11-05-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyapd21 (Post 1988715)
I was under the impression that it didn't back up contancts and programs?

So If I do a nand backup of my current rom and then flash a new rom and don't like it, I can just do a restore of my old rom and it will be exactly the same as before I flashed? With all my settings, alarm clock, programs, game progress etc?

yes, when u restore the nand backup, you are back exactly at the point u were when u did the backup

billyapd21 11-05-2010 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJ (Post 1988772)
yes, when u restore the nand backup, you are back exactly at the point u were when u did the backup

Hey OMJ, what's up bro? I was a long time users of your diamond Roms. I see you have a couple EVO Roms available. Which one do you suggest? Also, what do you use to backup your information and apps? Thanks for the reply.

OMJ 11-05-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billyapd21 (Post 1988782)
Hey OMJ, what's up bro? I was a long time users of your diamond Roms. I see you have a couple EVO Roms available. Which one do you suggest? Also, what do you use to backup your information and apps? Thanks for the reply.

if u want to install a theme, then go deodexed....most of the tweaks out there require u to be on a deodexed rom.

when I'm flashing new ROMs I use the data.img from a nand backup.....if I was gonna start from scratch, I use Mybackup Pro to backup most everything.

if u have any more questions, please post them in my thread, so we can keep this one on topic....