PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: light sensor like tp2 but for evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwing View Post
me three!!!
Hell I just miss my TP2 in general. I mean, I love my Evo and I love Android way more than I ever loved Windows Mobile. But man, I loved the way the TP2 was designed.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:18 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
The light sensor blows on this thing too. It's only good for turning the screen off when you put the phone to your ear

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
Old 10-11-2010, 07:30 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

I also saw an app that would do that but I don't remember where...I used it quite a bit on my TP2

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:09 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
It's called "Flip - Speakerphone". It's in the market for free and works fine for me like my old tp2

Sent from my Evo 4g using Tapatalk

Old 10-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Sweet thanks

Old 10-12-2010, 02:19 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
The light sensor blows on this thing too. It's only good for turning the screen off when you put the phone to your ear

It doesn't use the light sensor for that. There is a separate proximity sensor that serves that purpose. It's the circle right next to the light sensor.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S II
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

mac901 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to mac901

well i tried this app called "upsound down" something im looking for but not really need for it to be smoother if you get what im saying. but like the other poster said i miss the tp2 but it was time to move on got tired of the freezing and lagging and how long it took to open stuff up.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

Just to be clear, the light sensor on the TP2 does not turn on the speaker phone. The accelerometer in the phone is what triggers the speaker to turn on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac901 View Post
ok for anybody who had the tp2 when you could flip your phone over face down the speaker part would come on does anybody know if there is an app for that?? i would like for my speakerphone to come on when the phone is face down

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
nah it is either the priximity or the light sensor. If you let the phone face up while in a phone call the screen will eventually power down, you can turn it back on by placing your finger on the sensor and taking it off.

Sent from the iPhone Assassin

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)
Old 10-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

Sorry, but you are wrong. The auto speakerphone on function is a feature that can be turned off or on via the phone dialer Option Ssettings, and is completely based on the Accelerometer in the phone. I will guarantee you that you will not be able to automatically turn on your speakerphone when you have the phone on its back, vs. the face.

The phone uses the Accelerometer to determine what position the phone is in and when the auto on speakerphone feature is on, and he phone detects it is face down, it turns on. Plan and simple.

What your describing has nothing to do with the OP's original post.

I hope that clears up any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixjn View Post
nah it is either the priximity or the light sensor. If you let the phone face up while in a phone call the screen will eventually power down, you can turn it back on by placing your finger on the sensor and taking it off.

Sent from the iPhone Assassin

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G