PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 09:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Will7272 is keeping up the good workWill7272 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Will7272 Send a message via MSN to Will7272 Send a message via Yahoo to Will7272 Send a message via Skype™ to Will7272
Re: sd card mounted and read only......anyone have any ideas?

A friends Evo just did the same thing on this past friday. I think the oem cards are dying.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

cruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcruise350 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Remember when your using an sd card or usb device to always click the safe to remove button before removing it from your windows machine. Their may have been a program still accessing your card when you yanked it and that messed it up. Glad to see you fixed it. Cable it from now on less risk of damaging the card.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4g

jay24k is a n00b

Corrupted file is on your card.

Connect phone to windows PC. Make sure it comes up fine where you can explore it.

Run chkdsk e: /f

It will find the corrupted area and repair it. Obviously e: is whatever drive the card shows up on.

Done this without having to format the card. It's FAT32. Formatting is unnecessary for this issue.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay24k View Post

Connect phone to windows PC. Make sure it comes up fine where you can explore it.

It will find the corrupted area and repair it. Obviously e: is whatever drive the card shows up on.

Done this without having to format the card. It's FAT32. Formatting is unnecessary for this issue.
What he said. I ended up having an application that was installed on the SD card get corrupted. When I went to copy everything off my SD card to my computer, the file couldn't be moved over. I formatted the card, and copied everything back over. Haven't had any issues since that happened, almost 2 months ago. I've had the phone, with the stock SD card, since launch day.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350 View Post
Remember when your using an sd card or usb device to always click the safe to remove button before removing it from your windows machine. Their may have been a program still accessing your card when you yanked it and that messed it up. Glad to see you fixed it. Cable it from now on less risk of damaging the card.
+1 "safely remove hardware"... Even when using the cable..
Old 10-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

sherown is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay24k View Post

I tried this but got "cannot open volume for direct access". Any suggestions?
Old 10-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

sherown is a n00b

I have tried just about everything but found that if you go to Menu/Settings/SD&PhoneStorage. Then pull down the notification bar and tap where it tells you that the sd card has an unexpected problem, while it is working to solve it quickly tap Unmount SD Card on the previous screen a few times, this should allow you to format the card to the phones specification. Crazy, but it works.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO. Coming from Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint since 1999

Garwood71 is just getting started

This started happening whenever I erased browser history. I would tap on the icon in the notification bar and things would be back to normal. Just the other day 3 albums were randomly erased and when I changed batteries the next day it stayed stuck on " read only". I put it in my old Touch Pro and it read the card with no problem. Do i need HTC Sync to do a filesystem check?
Old 02-07-2011, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

i just had this problem. Moving all files on the SD card to your desktop, formatting the SD using the phone, and transferring everything back onto the phone worked. Haven't had the problem.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

roofus3000 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
i just had this problem. Moving all files on the SD card to your desktop, formatting the SD using the phone, and transferring everything back onto the phone worked. Haven't had the problem.
My phone wont give me the option to format sd using the phone. That option is greyed out. IM COMPLETELY LOST HERE IVE POSTED ON MANY DIFFERENT BLOGS AND I CANT GET AN ANSWER. Something must be wrong with my phone. I cant install apps anymore, my computer doesn't read my sd card when I connect it to the phone, and I always get a red exclamation point saying my sync is unavailable right now check back. This all started when i tried to transfer all my user apps to the sd card using titanium backup.
It stopped in the middle of the transfer, now it hasn't been the same since. I did a nand restore reformatted sd card using computer, rebooted and problem is the same no different. Am I doing something wrong? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant even update data profile or update my prl!!!!!

Last edited by roofus3000; 02-10-2011 at 02:00 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
card, evo, read only, sd, sdcarderror