PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Anyones phone make weird noises..??

Sometimes when I turn my screen off or close a program, my phone will make a clicking sound just once and it's kinda faint... I've heard it do it before when my phone is just chillin there not doing anything, but recently I've been paying attention to it and I can hear it doing those noises more clearly just dunno how to explain it... Almost like you can hear the screen turn off or something..?? Weird shit, SMH...

Old 10-04-2010, 12:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff
Re: Anyones phone make weird noises..??

I cannot imagine anything producing a nose other than your speaker!! It sounds like their may be some IO posted to your speaker that is not fully processed. Are you stock, rooted, non-standard Rom? At worst, you could be shorted but I would hope for a logic problem.

Back on my HP 4700, my speaker began to degrade and was making clicking and scratching sounds before it crapped out altogether.

Does the speaker play normal under all other conditions?

The only other thing I can think of is the screen acting as a speaker. LCD votage is induced. There is a field across the surface. I guess if it is collapsing, it could make a crackle but I would also expect either a anomaly in touch response or in visual.

I'd ride her hard and put her away wet. If it fails, use your insurance.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Yeah I'm rooted on VirusROM and all works well unless I notice that sound, and sometimes when I'm on the phone and get an SMS/MMS and the notification sound goes to play its crackled and distorted real bad... But when I play music at full volume it plays fine..?? lol FML..!!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

only when I answer it than the voices start
Old 10-04-2010, 09:46 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I had this issue, took off my case and noticed screen lifting. Had it replaced for a new one.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G