PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Sprint AT&T

JBHorner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: evo battery drain fix

Just to cut the guy some slack here, I have wondered if the update fixed the GPS/battery issue. I have other Android phones that do not have this problem, so I was hoping it was specific to that particular firmware release.

Joel
Old 10-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

i always have GPS off...

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 10-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I think we had enough fun....OP was trying to help.....I'm sure he doesn't stalk all the threads like the rest of us do.

Before posting hit search, if it doesn't get a hit then post. We're all nice once you get to know us

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
Old 10-03-2010, 09:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

Nice??? Speak for yourselves!!!! LMAO, just kiddin haha....welcome to the forums OP. For the record I only use the gps when I need it and have pretty good battery life for the day. And Im on a completely stock phone, no root or roms yet. Oh, and no task killer

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 03:25 AM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
Also because using a task killer hurts your battery life.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Not necessarily true
Old 10-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSD View Post
Not necessarily true
yes. Necessarily true.

If you need me to, I'll explain it.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
yes. Necessarily true.

If you need me to, I'll explain it.
I agree, to keep it short, the CPU uses more juice to autokill these things. Without a taskiller, Android automatically makes these programs sleep until you need it. Unlike winmo, having 50mbs of free RAM isn't a bad thing. I had to get used to this as well. My device never lags even with "low RAM"

Old 10-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
I agree, to keep it short, the CPU uses more juice to autokill these things. Without a taskiller, Android automatically makes these programs sleep until you need it. Unlike winmo, having 50mbs of free RAM isn't a bad thing. I had to get used to this as well. My device never lags even with "low RAM"

Not to mention that fact that the Android development team changed the "kill" function to "restart". This means that every single time you use a task manager to kill an app, it will re-start itself in about 25 seconds. You can try it if you don't believe me. You are literally wasting battery and CPU by starting up a whole lot of apps that were already running.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G