PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Android Lock Screen

So I removed HtcLockScreen.apk to get the default slide to unlock or slide to mute Android lockscreen, (which I like better) but I have a problem.

All you have to do is press the menu button on the EVO and it unlocks. Is there anyway to lock the virtual buttons on the bottom from being active with the default lock screen?

If this has been posted somewhere else please point me in the direction...I did search.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Re: Android Lock Screen

What rom are you on? The menu to unlock is an option in settings. Check it to enable it and uncheck it to disable it. I am not sure if your rom has this setting or not however on CM6 the option is located by, pressing menu, settings, CM6 settings, impute settings, menu unlock.

Considering you didnt have the AOSP lock screen from the start I know you arnt on CM6 and its possible your rom doesnt have this option. However, if you give us more info like the rom your using someone might be able to help you locate this setting if it does exist.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Threadstarter

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ROM is 3.26.651.6 OMJ_EVO_2.2_Froyo_v3.1

So short answer is OMJ...I will ask in his thread too. I just wasn't sure if it was ROM specific or not.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc Evo
Carrier: sprint

drtdiver83 is just getting started

i dont think it is rom specific because im on fresh and i installed the vanilla lock and clock. the menu button also unlocks my phone.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO Rooted Stock 1.47
Carrier: SPrint

playya is becoming a great contributor

Let me know if you have found a zip or way to disable menu screen I have been looking for a while and I have download many zip files in an attempt to fix that. I know Caulkins Evio rom he has it built in and I have asked him what I have to do to accomplish the menu disable feature.

My rom is Fresh 3.2 if anyone running that rom can help out
Old 09-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

I gotta say I am astonished this option isnt included in roms with the AOSP lock screen. I mean my wifes hero has this option for track ball wake and or unlock, menu unlock. I have the option on my Evo for menu unlock. But me and my wife are both running CM6. And AOSP is native to those roms.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
I gotta say I am astonished this option isnt included in roms with the AOSP lock screen. I mean my wifes hero has this option for track ball wake and or unlock, menu unlock. I have the option on my Evo for menu unlock. But me and my wife are both running CM6. And AOSP is native to those roms.
You have the option for menu lock on your EVO? what rom and additional software are you running if I may ask
Old 09-20-2010, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I just installed OMJ's rom to get the menu disable feature and it works with his rom lovely. I press menu and it does not unlock the screen. I did notice he had some taskbar mods and I wanted to change my clock and after I changed my clock I realized the menu disable function stop working. After messing around with his framework from the original rom I got it back without having to nandroid anything. I flashed the zip file below which has OMJ's framework.apk in it. You can try and see if this disables your menu function.

I just tried it on a rom I had nandroid and it disable Freshs 3.2 rom but it changes the taskbar icons. Sorry I dont know who to fix that part as of yet. But it does work... Flash at your own risk and Nandroid

Edit: took it down because a few minutes after running smoothly I started getting a lil bit of lag on my phone...

Last edited by playya; 09-20-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: (Confrimed Fix)Android Lock Screen

Ok I forgot to wipe cache and davlik so it was acting up a little. I have since wiped and it has been running much better. Now if you know how to locate you framework-res.apk file you can exchange the one I have for the one you have and flash it so your toolbar stays the same. This version will make a mod to your current toolbar.

flash via recovery
Hope it works and remember to Nandroid and wipe

Edit: It will change your taskbar icons if you flash directly but it mainly adds color to your wifi and all other icons stay relatively the same.
Attached Files
File Type: zip menu-disable.zip (2.47 MB, 52 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by playya; 09-25-2010 at 04:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

shysty2k3 is a n00b
Talking Re: Android Lock Screen

Good looking PLAYA it works like a CHARM!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G