PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 06:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jreid5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
open apps

i have the advance app killer i check it maybe once every five minutes to kill the apps. Does anybody know why i have open apps like sprint navigation and amazon mp3 even if i dont open them please help!!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: open apps

Just use the Settings>Applications>Running kill there. If you are running 2.2 Froyo Task Killer do not work right. I have never had trouble stopping there.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:56 PM
HENDAWG

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreid5 View Post
i have the advance app killer i check it maybe once every five minutes to kill the apps. Does anybody know why i have open apps like sprint navigation and amazon mp3 even if i dont open them please help!!!!
This why I stopped using ATK, it was/is useless to me, but that's JMO, to each his/her own.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Search how andriod handles aps. These apps arnt running they are in the background. Task killers are for noobs lol. Android sets apps in place so that they are ready when they are called on. Its not like a windows mobile the more thats open the slower your phone is running. Its not like that at all. Its actually pretty much just the opposite.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:41 PM
HENDAWG

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Here's a pretty good write-up by a reputable Android guru .. hope this helps you .. http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-b...-with-android/
Old 09-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Remember, your not in the land of winmo anymore.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

I definately would not use an app killer on an evo! but then again i have a rom with built in memory management. but...sprint navigation will keep opening until you go into sprintnav and press menu exit and click yes when it asks are you sure you want to exit. it's quite stubborn. otherwise i agree...menu settings applications management is def the way to go! keep in mind however, that if an app is running it is because it needs to accomplish something and will idle out when it's finished. android is made to take the memory from idling apps when it needs it automatically. and never kill apps that are system related or voicemail, phone or messaging unless you want to miss/delay your calls and messages. good luck!
Old 09-08-2010, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The only thing I use an App Killer for is a mis-behaving app, like one that won't quit playing audio in the background, and has no Exit button. Other than that, OP, you're wasting your time looking at an app killer every 5 minutes, or even once a day. Emergency use only, IMO

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G