PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This is what I am trying to do...Gmail/Exchange

I am basically trying to find away to get Gmail to automatically log in to my work email, not through exchange and pull my emails. My company does use an exchange server but it will only work with Blackberry devices. I can manually get my email by going through a web address but I want to be able to be notified of new work emails instead of having to log in and check all the time. I am really wanting a back door in!!

I hope this makes sense!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rshyffer is a n00b
Re: This is what I am trying to do...Gmail/Exchange

Have you tried Nitrodesk Touchdown? It has an option to use the web interface to get you your e-mail, which may work if Exchange ActiveSync is disabled. There is a 30 day trial version to see if it works for you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Thank You...I will check it out to see if it is what I need!
Old 09-05-2010, 05:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

Log into your email on your work computer and somewhere in there you should have server settings. if you get the server settings just click mail on your evo, fill in the blanks using the information from your server settings and you should get it fine. mine works that way. also if that doesn't work on your computer on your work email go to settings click forwarding and enter your gmail and set up the way you want it to forward to your gmail.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Ryan07 is just getting started

Have your IT department create a contact for you in Active Directory that links to your Gmail account. In your AD user account, under the Exchange General tab, there is a Delivery Options button that will allow forwarding your email to that created contact and also your mailbox.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

zwipy is a n00b

Touchdown is great, and actually since the Froyo update, the stock email/Active Sync option works perfectly. Chances are, active sync is already an option at work, just ask your IT staff. If not, you can have them set up an email forward in Exchange to push your emails to gmail...a few extra steps, but it works as well.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G