PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 09:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone know what is causing cloud animation upon waking?

I have been on DC 3.2.3 for a couple months, and never noticed this before a week or 2 back, so I think it must be something I installed or updated. When my phone wakes, or I wake it to do something, there is a second or 2 where clouds go across the screen. It makes for a delay in doing what I want to do. Does anyone know what is causing this?
Old 08-27-2010, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 & HTC Hero

sikclown is keeping up the good worksikclown is keeping up the good work
Re: Anyone know what is causing cloud animation upon waking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
I have been on DC 3.2.3 for a couple months, and never noticed this before a week or 2 back, so I think it must be something I installed or updated. When my phone wakes, or I wake it to do something, there is a second or 2 where clouds go across the screen. It makes for a delay in doing what I want to do. Does anyone know what is causing this?
Mine does this on a cloudy day with the HTC Weather clock on my home screen. Does some other animations upon waking on rainy days, sunny days, windy days, etc. Using the htc weather clock?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff
Do you have Beautiful Widgets installed? It has that animate on wake as an option.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Old 08-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

If you have the weather animations on, then it does the animation whenever you wake the phone up. Disable the animation if it bothers you. I find that I can just interrupt the animation and do what I turned the phone on to do without much delay.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

BigAinCA is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
Do you have Beautiful Widgets installed? It has that animate on wake as an option
I am using BW and have this option turned off and it still animates on wake.

I went to the Evo settings/display/animations and set that to the all off setting and that did not work. I am sure there must be a setting somewhere I am missing.

ok .. think I found it. I use widget locker and under the settings/lock and feel section there is an HTC Weather Animation option. I disabled it there and it took care of the issue.

Last edited by BigAinCA; 08-27-2010 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAinCA View Post
I am using BW and have this option turned off and it still animates on wake.

I went to the Evo settings/display/animations and set that to the all off setting and that did not work. I am sure there must be a setting somewhere I am missing.

ok .. think I found it. I use widget locker and under the settings/lock and feel section there is an HTC Weather Animation option. I disabled it there and it took care of the issue.
There is a setting in the Evo for life weather and there is a seperate setting in the BW clock settings that you will also need to turn off.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

BigAinCA is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
There is a setting in the Evo for life weather and there is a seperate setting in the BW clock settings that you will also need to turn off.
Thanks got it fixed. It was the Widget Locker setting that was not turned off. where is the Evo setting for weather? I can not seem to find it.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sorry for not getting back, family emergency. After just reading all the responses, I looked in All Apps under W, and saw the program Weather Widget Forecast Addon, I opened it, and the top button is Addon Setting, unchecked all the animation button boxes, problem solved. Thanks to all.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the weather app.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Carrier: sprint

dfve is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
its clearing out the cobwebs outta the memory

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G