PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Anyone know what is causing cloud animation upon waking? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=132468)

TheBundo 08-27-2010 09:27 PM

Anyone know what is causing cloud animation upon waking?

I have been on DC 3.2.3 for a couple months, and never noticed this before a week or 2 back, so I think it must be something I installed or updated. When my phone wakes, or I wake it to do something, there is a second or 2 where clouds go across the screen. It makes for a delay in doing what I want to do. Does anyone know what is causing this?

sikclown 08-27-2010 09:31 PM

Re: Anyone know what is causing cloud animation upon waking?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 1926489)
I have been on DC 3.2.3 for a couple months, and never noticed this before a week or 2 back, so I think it must be something I installed or updated. When my phone wakes, or I wake it to do something, there is a second or 2 where clouds go across the screen. It makes for a delay in doing what I want to do. Does anyone know what is causing this?

Mine does this on a cloudy day with the HTC Weather clock on my home screen. Does some other animations upon waking on rainy days, sunny days, windy days, etc. Using the htc weather clock?

Vegasden 08-27-2010 09:34 PM

Do you have Beautiful Widgets installed? It has that animate on wake as an option.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

dakidobf 08-27-2010 09:34 PM

If you have the weather animations on, then it does the animation whenever you wake the phone up. Disable the animation if it bothers you. I find that I can just interrupt the animation and do what I turned the phone on to do without much delay.

BigAinCA 08-27-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegasden (Post 1926493)
Do you have Beautiful Widgets installed? It has that animate on wake as an option

I am using BW and have this option turned off and it still animates on wake.

I went to the Evo settings/display/animations and set that to the all off setting and that did not work. I am sure there must be a setting somewhere I am missing.

ok .. think I found it. I use widget locker and under the settings/lock and feel section there is an HTC Weather Animation option. I disabled it there and it took care of the issue. :)

twilk 08-27-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigAinCA (Post 1926511)
I am using BW and have this option turned off and it still animates on wake.

I went to the Evo settings/display/animations and set that to the all off setting and that did not work. I am sure there must be a setting somewhere I am missing.

ok .. think I found it. I use widget locker and under the settings/lock and feel section there is an HTC Weather Animation option. I disabled it there and it took care of the issue. :)

There is a setting in the Evo for life weather and there is a seperate setting in the BW clock settings that you will also need to turn off.

BigAinCA 08-28-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twilk (Post 1926620)
There is a setting in the Evo for life weather and there is a seperate setting in the BW clock settings that you will also need to turn off.

Thanks got it fixed. It was the Widget Locker setting that was not turned off. where is the Evo setting for weather? I can not seem to find it.

TheBundo 09-05-2010 12:15 AM

Sorry for not getting back, family emergency. After just reading all the responses, I looked in All Apps under W, and saw the program Weather Widget Forecast Addon, I opened it, and the top button is Addon Setting, unchecked all the animation button boxes, problem solved. Thanks to all.

Boo Boo 09-05-2010 03:18 AM

the weather app.

dfve 09-05-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 1926489)

its clearing out the cobwebs outta the memory:)