PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sjporzio is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
gesture type input method

I used to have win mo phones. I used to use the notepad application where I could use a stylus to draw notes in my own handwriting. Does anyone know of a program that I could use to use my finger to draw letters on the screen into notes. Even better would be an app that can recognize the handwritten text and convert it to typed text. Thanks
Old 09-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Re: gesture type input method

First, ADW has two guestures. One up and one down you can set them to open apps and so forth. Also guestures to the side wont actually work without a seperate app because side to side action actually scrolls the screen. Also with ADW you can set the home button to open an app or something else.

Second, there are a few apps on the market that allow for guestures. You can creat a letter or a swype to open an app or somethign else. However you actually have to open the app and then guesture and doesnt that kinda defeat the purpose.

My old mogul use to do up, down, left, right and even diagnal guestures lol.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

if you go to widgets, get more widgets, htc widgets, notes there are cute little sticky notes you can write on in your own handwriting onscreen. as far as turning into typed i haven't seen it yet. but you can talk and it will type if you press and hold the little search button. pretty sweet just say note to self. one other thing i use is gesture search. i can draw letters and it will autosearch my phonebook and songs.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

sjporzio is a n00b

thank you. that is exactly what I was looking for.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: ANDROID 2.2 Froyo Deodex

sprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on repsprintgirl is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to sprintgirl

anytime

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G