PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

phat78boy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: keyboard lags then works later

There is good a good chance a cold reset will help you. Sometimes upgrades don't go smooth in the background and the only way to fix the issue is a cold reset.

It sucks setting everything back up, but if it fixes your issue it might be a good trade off.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

Ramseyattar is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Ramseyattar Send a message via MSN to Ramseyattar

I have this same issue. I did a hard reset the first time and i was good for a month. The second time i did it, it last 4 days its really annoying when u send 10,000 text a month.
Anyone got anything?
Old 09-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

stas333 is keeping up the good workstas333 is keeping up the good work
I stared having this same problem about two weeks ago. Sprint store couldn't find anything wrong. They did multiple hard resets and some kind of other resets. Nothing has fixed the problem. Original froyo 2.2 with original keyboard.

Sent from Evo 4G.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Praz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by stas333 View Post
I stared having this same problem about two weeks ago. Sprint store couldn't find anything wrong. They did multiple hard resets and some kind of other resets. Nothing has fixed the problem. Original froyo 2.2 with original keyboard.

Sent from Evo 4G.
yea i did a hard reset and it worked for a couple days but the problem came back and you took it to sprint and they couldnt find anyway how to fix it?? did they offer to give you a new phone or anything? cuz i was thinkin of takin it to the store to see if they cud fix it
Old 09-03-2010, 12:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praz View Post
yea i did a hard reset and it worked for a couple days but the problem came back and you took it to sprint and they couldnt find anyway how to fix it?? did they offer to give you a new phone or anything? cuz i was thinkin of takin it to the store to see if they cud fix it
They did offer to replace my phone, but only with refurbished since I have had it since the day it came out. Other than software problem, this phone has been perfect. So I said no and kept my phone. They couldn't find how to fix or do anything with this problem. Tech support from sp
it said that they are aware of this problem and are working on an update.

Sent from Evo 4G.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:28 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

I have the new update from Fresh and still have this problem. The only way I have ever fixed it is to overclock to 113. Still not completely fixed but it really doesn't lag that much either.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
I have the new update from Fresh and still have this problem. The only way I have ever fixed it is to overclock to 113. Still not completely fixed but it really doesn't lag that much either.
I just rooted and was looking at the fresh rom, but so far this 2.2 is way faster than my old 2.2. I did the prefinal update and then had to wait a few days past the release to update to the final final version.

Sent from Evo 4G.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
just figured out how to flash roms, and Fresh 3.2 was the 1st one i installed. so far the keyboard is super fast
Old 09-04-2010, 11:37 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Cool guys, try overclocking with a diff kernel and it will go away.
Old 09-05-2010, 04:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Cool guys, try overclocking with a diff kernel and it will go away.
What's overclocking?

Sent from Evo 4G.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G