PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Cricket

alfredo-x is keeping up the good workalfredo-x is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
NEW Settings for Cricket Android Plan??

as you all know we all had to put in our own custom settings and iptables into our android phones to get cricket working on our phones allowing us to access the marcket, internet, and apps.
it involves using autostart, u2nl, and replacing the APN's.

now all of that is to route all traffic trough the cricket proxy which only allows access to the internet trough port 8080.

but NOW as you all may know cricket offers an android phone plan which gives you unlocked 3G speed (yes my speed went up a little bit once i got the plan, to about 70KB/s) but i think it's not fully unlocked because i have all these things being routed trough their old proxy servers...

so does anyone know the new settings to configure your android phone with the cricket android plan?
supposedly on the plan description it says everything works, apps, market, everything!
Old 08-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: NEW Settings for Cricket Android Plan??

have you looked into hofo and android central for these settings? i'm sure ryan has some kind of info.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yeah that's the thing i don't know if ryan has had an android phone in his hands yet.

secondly they closed my thread over there because i created it under the <Cricket> forum... where else would it go? the mods are idiots.

but yeah good idea, i'll ask ryan maybe he can get some inside info, thxs.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredo-x View Post
yeah that's the thing i don't know if ryan has had an android phone in his hands yet.

secondly they closed my thread over there because i created it under the <Cricket> forum... where else would it go? the mods are idiots.

but yeah good idea, i'll ask ryan maybe he can get some inside info, thxs.
Well I might be able to answer your questions, first I don't think Ryan is doing any Droids yet,

second your thread was closed on Hofo because you posted in the main forum and didn't follow the rules about posting PDA discussions in the PDA forum. Then you decide to come here and call the mods (me) idiots. You know how to make friends. LOL.........

Now for setting, the PST setting are all the same as usual. Then you can do the following: Change/add the device in CID as the ZIO M6000, then change the plan to the 60Z $55 Android smartphone plan, update the PRL to one of the newer ones, my area uses 32100. Then you won't need the u2nl, autostart.sh and you will have some faster speeds.

You must have the Android plan and it must be properly provisioned for any of this to work with out the autostart.sh and u2nl.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

i've tried it about a month ago, and it didn't work, i'm trying it again today to see if it works...

has anyone gotten picture msging working with android with or without the android cricket plan??

and do i have to change more settings in the EPST > Advanced menu?
do i have to change the APN's list or what else would i have to do?

i just tried it again right no, i deleted my u2nl and my autostart files, and i have no internet or pic msging...
and yes i have had the android plan for over a month now.

Last edited by alfredo-x; 10-22-2010 at 03:48 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G