PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 12:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

mmmdieselfumes is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

So I just bought a Motorola H17 Bluetooth to replace my cheap $20 rocket fish, and when I got it I found out that apparently I didn't order the correct one with a2dp (I needed the H 17txt... Uhg) so anyways now I'm stuck with this one. Now I'm trying to make the best of a bad situation, and I'm trying to get this thing to work how id like it to. Whenever I press the call button on this BT, or my other cheap BT for that matter, it brings up the Bluetooth Voice Dialer, which sucks like a Hoover. And, whenever I try to use the Voice Search, or in-message Voice-To-Text feature, it wants to take audio through the phone Mic, instead of my BT headset.

So I guess, long story short, can you A.) Change what "app" starts up when you press the call button on the headset (to start the Voice-Search instead of Bluetooth Voice Dialer), and B.) change which Mic the apps use for voice input?

Or is this all related to not having a a2dp headset? Which is bs, because even my non-android work phone (samsung A837) can play music over a non-a2dp headset. I'm actually listening to music over it now lol.

</rant>
Old 08-17-2010, 01:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff
Re: Change BT Call Button Behavior

I went through a bit of frustration with the Blueteeth implementation on the Evo. I left the Motorola 721 and ended up with a Blue Ant Q1 then moved to the T1. The Evo did not do the voice thing with the Motorola; it does with the Blue Ant.

I just tested it again without the headset (did not hear me) to the Blue Ant T1 and it heard me. Not accurately, but it did hear.

Good luck, it's Blueteeth implementation lacks.

Last edited by BenC; 08-17-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Hmm. Yeah I looked at that blueant T1. How do you like it compared to the Q1? I'm loath to buy another seeing how the volume level, call clarity, and noise reduction is phenomenal with this H17, but I'm sure my gf would love it if I gave her this if I get another lol...

I wonder if the implementation issue is Evo, or Android related. This is my first Android device (came from the diamond), so I don't have another Android phone to compare it against.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Or even if its the BT manufacturer issue, though I can't see how, because it does great on my work Samsung phone...
Old 08-17-2010, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Bump for the night crowd.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:20 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc evo

rocknrone is a n00b

I would wait for the Q2 from Blue Ant. It will be out next month. It has all the features of the T1, but with the style of the Q1.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

Ceetee480 is a n00b

I have a pair of sony DR-BT22A head phones which are a2dp and they work great. But yesterday I was wondering the same thing, when you hit the bluetooh button the Bt dialer comes up and it works great for me, but is their and way we can get the voice search to come when we hit the BT button. If I hit the voice search button on the phone it worked good thur the BT mic, was able to send text message accurately, but would be alot more functional if when you hit the BT button the voice search comes up and then we could be able to use all the new commands.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G