PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2010, 07:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: uscc

scrapir is keeping up the good workscrapir is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Xbox live help/tethered Win 7

So I got usb tethered working on my unrooted phone with my win 7 laptop. I'm trying to figure out how to share it with my xbox now. I did the ISC but still can't connect on my xbox. I have turned off any firewall I have also. I've seen many people do this before just not on win7.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Re: Xbox live help/tethered Win 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapir View Post
So I got usb tethered working on my unrooted phone with my win 7 laptop. I'm trying to figure out how to share it with my xbox now. I did the ISC but still can't connect on my xbox. I have turned off any firewall I have also. I've seen many people do this before just not on win7.
Just root and wireless tether, its alot easier. If you are on the stock ota froyo 2.2 then you can't at the moment.

Old 08-15-2010, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm a noob to android always been on winmob. With the flashed htc 6800/tp2. Would love to root but a bit afraid. Also don't have the wifi card for my xbox. I never updated to froyo seeing I have the tethering working on the stock.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I dont know about win7 but on older versions of windows if you go into your Network connection and click on properties then sharing then check the box that says "allow other network users to connect through this computers network connection."

Old 08-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Seriously...Xbox live on your evo connection....good luck. You do relize the ping time on the evo to the server is like 200ms or more...right? You will start to lag like crazy if the Sprint network is busy...which is not worth it....Your better off using a wireless network off your cable or DSL connection at home.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

johnnychimpo is just getting started

right?
Old 08-16-2010, 02:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

You can call and ask Sprint, they will not recommend using your phone as a modem to run Xbox Live...even if they were to allow it like I said before...your ping would shoot through the roof...and you would get lag spikes like crazy. Also you would be pissing off everyone else on that tower because you would be hogging all the bandwidth. Hope that helps!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:14 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

As a serious player of Modern Warfare 2 on XBL, I feel it necessary to BEG you not to use your tethered phone (3G or 4G) to play games on XBL. I have 18MB Internet at home and still feel the pain of a slow host or frustrations of trying to shoot a player that lags all over the screen.

Please, please rethink your idea. Many of us who play on XBL would appreciate it if you would not tether to play.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
As a serious player of Modern Warfare 2 on XBL, I feel it necessary to BEG you not to use your tethered phone (3G or 4G) to play games on XBL. I have 18MB Internet at home and still feel the pain of a slow host or frustrations of trying to shoot a player that lags all over the screen.

Please, please rethink your idea. Many of us who play on XBL would appreciate it if you would not tether to play.
They probably have a lag switch. I know a lot on MW2 do that.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I would agree with you that some of them do use a lag switch, however after three years on this board, I am certain that others are also trying to tether for Internet access.

And lag is no one's friend.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G