PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout
Re: Xbox live help/tethered Win 7

Like most others have said, even if you could, you shouldn't go through Sprint for Xbox Live connectivity. One, of course, it will be laggy not only for you but all who you play with, and really...no one will be having fun. Two, I actually don't even think Microsoft will let you connect. If your MTU is too low then you won't be able to connect. And I don't think Sprint will give you a high enough MTU to connect. I've connected my xbox using my laptop as a wireless router (although I have the Slim now and don't need to) but I can still show you how to do that if you'd like.

EDIT: Nope, you can not connect through Sprint.

Last edited by TheLovatScout; 08-16-2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo

gammarho55 is keeping up the good workgammarho55 is keeping up the good work

here's a post i made in another thread... see if this would work for you.

I've been looking for this exact thing for some time now. What I do is tether my phone to my computer and then use the program from http://connectify.me/ with one of the access point cards... I use this http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0305492 This will broadcast the wifi network you need. I know its a horrid work-around but does the trick when trying to connect things like the PS3 that don't see ad-hoc networks. Probably should mention that this particular program only runs on a PC running windows7.

If someone helped you with a problem, hit the thanks button and let them know you appreciate their time.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapir View Post
So I got usb tethered working on my unrooted phone with my win 7 laptop. I'm trying to figure out how to share it with my xbox now. I did the ISC but still can't connect on my xbox. I have turned off any firewall I have also. I've seen many people do this before just not on win7.
go in your build.prop with Root Explorer...be sure to mount R/W system/build.prop

remove
#Modify MTU from 1500 to 1472 on 3G network
ro.ril.set.mtu1472 = 1

save, reboot. try
Your welcome
Old 08-16-2010, 07:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Mogul Omnia
Carrier: Sprint/Verizon

rkidd is just getting started

I Believe if u tether it then u go to network connections and bridge the two connects it should work hook a ethernet cord from xbox to computer
Old 09-03-2010, 03:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch SGS II

PrototypeEW is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I would agree with you that some of them do use a lag switch, however after three years on this board, I am certain that others are also trying to tether for Internet access.

And lag is no one's friend.
I just want to jump in here and ask, what if the person is where there are no other ways to access the internet? Personally, where I live, I have 3 options. Dial up, Satellite, and Sprint. I won't disagree that sometimes the lag is really bad, but most of the time I consistantly see 95-110ms which is slow, but still acceptable to play online games with.

Also, the MTU is not an issue for me, I tether to my computer and then bridge the phone and my NIC, then I use a crossover cable from my NIC to the WAN port on my router. Essentially it turns the computer into the modem. The only downside is that any other computers on the network will not be able to access files on the tethered computer.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
If you get 4g in your area, tethering to play xbox live should work. Ther connection is more reliable and faster and unlimited. With 3g there are too many issues. Not to mention microsoft will check the connection and most of the time it's not good enough on 3g. I can't wait to try it on 4g when I go to orlando. I'll take my 360 to hotel and see if it works.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 09-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Seriously...Xbox live on your evo connection....good luck. You do relize the ping time on the evo to the server is like 200ms or more...right? You will start to lag like crazy if the Sprint network is busy...which is not worth it....Your better off using a wireless network off your cable or DSL connection at home.
I dont see why people wanna try tethering the PSN or XBOX with a
cell phones internet, that mess isn't reliable
Old 09-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EvO 4Geezy

malibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmalibu_23 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i play nba 2k10 with my evo via wireless 4G tether to my laptop. works fine. the upload speed of 1mbps is sufficient for gaming. and the 4-5mb i pull down is great too. minimal lag

Last edited by malibu_23; 09-05-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch SGS II

PrototypeEW is a n00b

With 4G I don't think you would see any problems anyways. My previous post was about using 3G, which, in my specific area is plenty fast enough and the latency is low enough that I can use it to get on to live. I suppose it really depends on the service in your area and the load on the tower you use.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G