PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Setting up AOL Account, error on Sending Messages? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=131450)

JDM_SOHC 08-12-2010 08:26 PM

Setting up AOL Account, error on Sending Messages?

So incoming mail works fine, but when I try to send a message I get an "unable to send message" error..?? It takes me to the settings screen but everything is setup right, FML..!!

parousia15 08-12-2010 09:54 PM

Re: Setting up AOL Account, error on Sending Messages?

If you're using the stock mail program, go into the manual set up. At some point it should inquire if you want certificate verification/validation for outgoing mail. If that is selected, unselect it and finish the setup process.

I remember that this was a problem on my tp2. I don't use stock mail on my EVO, so I cannot confirm this will work.

TheBundo 08-13-2010 05:45 AM

AOL still exists? Wow, I thought they died years ago....

stanglifemike 08-13-2010 08:20 AM

I have the same issue. Talked to Sprint and they reset some things and it seemed to work for a while. Then couple days ago I started getting this again. Seems like this starts when I send an email with 8 or more attachments. Are you attaching a lot also?

JDM_SOHC 08-15-2010 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parousia15 (Post 1909325)
If you're using the stock mail program, go into the manual set up. At some point it should inquire if you want certificate verification/validation for outgoing mail. If that is selected, unselect it and finish the setup process.

I remember that this was a problem on my tp2. I don't use stock mail on my EVO, so I cannot confirm this will work.

No I have the security box unchecked, thanks though..

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBundo (Post 1909667)
AOL still exists? Wow, I thought they died years ago....

Yeah, I've had it since AOL 1.0 lol..!! It was just e-mail back then, soon after came Instant Messaging & Chat Rooms haha, back in the day right there..!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanglifemike (Post 1909715)
I have the same issue. Talked to Sprint and they reset some things and it seemed to work for a while. Then couple days ago I started getting this again. Seems like this starts when I send an email with 8 or more attachments. Are you attaching a lot also?

I wonder what's causing it though, and naa I'm just sending text filled emails only, no attachments...

ChrisH09 08-16-2010 02:18 AM

Who uses AOL anymore? Gmail, Yahoo, MSN, personal ISP email works way better. I hardly think there is much support for AOL email anymore. I guess if it comes down to it email AOL and ask them what there SMTP address is...thats the only way I can think of getting the right information.