PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

crookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Voice Actions on Android 2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZ* View Post
Man, I just deleted all my contacts out of google, cause it was messing up my person widget (s) by eliminating all my contact pics, and essentially doubling my contacts, with "blank" pics on my phone; which was crap.

I too don't want to use Google for contacts, because as a business user, I use exchange...now I don't know what I will do
Uh, you could always read previous posts. Somebody already found a solution to the problem.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - CDMA

mmmdieselfumes is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I just thought i'd add my 2 cents, but i have a BAD southern texas drawl, and it works phenomenally 4 me.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I am trying it again. I did and the same results. Oh, well.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:28 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookdbill View Post
Uh, you could always read previous posts. Somebody already found a solution to the problem.
Just what I like...helpful folks, with helpful posts...sorry i must have missed that post, a link is always nice along with a complaint...
Old 08-19-2010, 01:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

babyjordin23 is just getting started

well im from GA, people say i talk "country" whatever that is" lol...but it wrks REAL GOOD with me so i dont know whats going on. lol
Old 08-19-2010, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

crookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Just what I like...helpful folks, with helpful posts...sorry i must have missed that post, a link is always nice along with a complaint...
Dude. I dont mean too be an a$$ but the guy posted the solution 2 posts above your original post...on the same page. He said go to sync settings and include contacts under gmail to the stuff that gets synced...it worked for me.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
You seriously need someone to give you the link to a post right above yours?

You seem more fit to own an iPhone then an Android device......
Old 08-19-2010, 09:17 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

Hahaha

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 08-19-2010, 11:37 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookdbill View Post
Dude. I dont mean too be an a$$ but the guy posted the solution 2 posts above your original post...on the same page. He said go to sync settings and include contacts under gmail to the stuff that gets synced...it worked for me.
Your not a A$$, not what I meant, sorry fror the short post. My issue is that I DONT WANT to use Google sync, period. If that is the only solution (syncing with google), then I guess I won't get voice to work properly...I HATE the double/triple contacts on my phone, and they messed it all up on Exchange...that was my issue. So the post above, did not address my complaint.

And to eman regarding the iphone...been there, done that (for 30 days)...nice device, lousy service. I don't hate other technology, I just like some (currently Android) better than others...never know, WIN 7 might make a comeback someday, so I choose to be open minded in my decisions...but for now, Android/EVO rocks!
Old 08-20-2010, 01:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO2

CWasko is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
I found that if you sync your contacts with google, voice search works like a champ. So if you add a contact and just put it on the phone, it doesn't recognize what your saying and it just spews out random shit.

I hate using Gmail for contacts, or even outlook for that matter. I would rather just make .vcards and back them up and restore when needed.
I just tried this, and it doesn't seem to have any effect. Anyone with Exchange try this? I checked gmail after too, and there isn't a single contact there. I'm not sure what it is syncing. I tried rebooting the phone too. I also tried deleting the Google sync all-together and it said I cant do that.

Thoughts?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G