PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SPRINT

cmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on repcmdauria is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best way to hold the phone in Landscape!

I know posting a thread like this is just an open invitation for some to "Flame" me for something so obvious. But I honestly don't really care. I saw this posted on another thread and after I read it, I tried it and it works well for me.

When holding your phone in Landscape, flip open the kickstand. Now, with your right hand, grasp the phone with your pointer finger above the kickstand and the rest of your fingers below the kickstand, so that you middle finger is almost touching the the camera lens. This works great for watching videos or browsing the web. It kind of makes you feel like you have a better grip on the phone.

Just remember...Something that is obvious to some, may not be to others!!
Old 08-08-2010, 10:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

random omen is a n00b
Re: Best way to hold the phone in Landscape!

Actually this is pretty comfortable. It's totally better than how I had been holding it with my foot.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:03 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I would have to agree it works well for me.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo3D,Evo 4g,Rhodium,BBTour,Raphael,800W,Titan
Carrier: sprint 15 yrs

unsane is becoming a great contributor

+1.......def makes the holding of my baby with one hand less sketchy........thanks man
Old 08-09-2010, 12:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva
Quote:
Originally Posted by random omen View Post
Actually this is pretty comfortable. It's totally better than how I had been holding it with my foot.
Lmao ^^ but yea its pretty comfortable

Sent from Canadian Jigsaw's barn cus he got all the Rush records.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

LeoKnightas is becoming a great contributor

Hold it like you shouldn't hold an iPhone just to piss the iPhone users off. Lol
Old 08-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

When I first read the post header...I was oh crap, here we go again with the antenna bs..but then I noticed he was talking about how to hold the phone when using features and apps on the phone.

The whole deal with the signal drop is dumb...every phone out there has a weak spot when it comes to where the antenna is placed...for the Evo it's up by the ear piece...but you won't notice the bars drop like the Iphone does....the antenna on the Iphone is on the outside of the phone vs inside on the evo. Oh, btw theres a article on Engadget saying that Steve Job's knew about the antenna issue over a year before the Iphone 4 was released, but decided to deal with it instead of fix the issue. He walked into his own crap when it hit the fan by not dealing with it back then. Funny, to think all these Iphone fanboys say the Iphone is the most superior phone in the world....aahha...Not a chance...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
This Is actually totally awesome. Definitely hitting the thanks button when I get to a computer.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
When I first read the post header...I was oh crap, here we go again with the antenna bs..but then I noticed he was talking about how to hold the phone when using features and apps on the phone.

The whole deal with the signal drop is dumb...every phone out there has a weak spot when it comes to where the antenna is placed...for the Evo it's up by the ear piece...but you won't notice the bars drop like the Iphone does....the antenna on the Iphone is on the outside of the phone vs inside on the evo. Oh, btw theres a article on Engadget saying that Steve Job's knew about the antenna issue over a year before the Iphone 4 was released, but decided to deal with it instead of fix the issue. He walked into his own crap when it hit the fan by not dealing with it back then. Funny, to think all these Iphone fanboys say the Iphone is the most superior phone in the world....aahha...Not a chance...
Yeah SJ is a dork in all sense of the word. That is how he treats is customers because he has them so brainwashed, if he said that his new itoilet was the "best shit in the world", they would believe him and start pre-ordering it. What's funny is that the itoilet is a rebranded porta-potty.

I hold my phone with my left hand and use the right to tap/scroll in landscape. Sometimes I use both hands for a different feel!
Old 08-09-2010, 12:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint EVO

donnatn is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to donnatn

I do this with my left hand. Now, when I am trying to text I hold the phone in portrait mode and text with my right thumb. This is easier for me using Swype.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G