PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2010, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

john80hotkey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
white evos at sprint stores?

Been on the hunter for a white evo from best buy for a few weeks now..most of the stores around me refuse to answer the phone and when I actually do get someone on the line its the same old message " we're out of stock...dont know when we will receive more...no more waiting list..blah..blah".. so I did some web searching and came across a few old web articles ( the ones that speak on the release of the white evo at best buy prior to july) that stated sprint will also be able to sell the white evo starting Aug 8th. i called prior to today and a phone rep said they wouldnt carry them at all.. they never know anything so i called another one today and she said yes they will carry them now but I will have to hunt one down in the stores.. becuase online and telesales won't have access to them til the 12th of sept. ..it was what I wanted to hear so now the broadens my chances of finding one soon since I dont have to solely rely on best buy stock..the problem is all the sprint stores are sold out completely too...( no shock to me) the part that puzzles me is when I tell them they are suppose to carry the white ones now I'm still told its a best buy thing..so which one is it?....were the old articles online and the rep today wrong or has the news not spread yet?...
My question is has anyone else heard sprint themselves are suppose to carry the white if and if so has anyone actually got a comfirmation from a store or actual employee on weather or not they actual do/ will have the white variant..any input is appreciated ..thanks
Old 08-08-2010, 05:24 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Re: white evos at sprint stores?

i was told by an accual sprint employee aug 8th also. today is the 8th and i still dont see them, so, who knows.

Old 08-08-2010, 06:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

"white evos at sprint stores?"

Are they still doing that in Alabama?
Old 08-08-2010, 07:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I can't even get a black evo let alone a white one..... sold out everywhere around me...
Old 08-08-2010, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Yeah everywhere else is getting them in white soon, but I don't think it's gonna be within the next couple days, or weeks even... I was told by a lil birdie that it's gonna be August 28th that the official tie's between best buy/white evo are gonna be broken..

Old 08-08-2010, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 3d

duck9191 is becoming a great contributor

it should have launched in stores the 11th, but its delayed, go figure. we cant get black ones so im not expecting them soon.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:02 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I didnt get it at a Sprint store but I got mine through a Sprint executive.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

The White Evo's are a Best Buy Exclusive for now...but they will be coming to Sprint stores sooner or later. There is no def date, but I would say before Christmas. I personally don't care for the white version....and there 1 reason why...It's not all white. If they say it's going to be a White Evo 4G...my impression would be the whole phone, not just the back half. Dumb HTC, DUMB! If it was all white, I may cosider it....but we all know...Apple would try to sue HTC for copyright infringment...even though the color white is now copyrighted by Apple...
Old 08-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

Yeah it looks pretty lame to me. You'd be better off getting ANY Evo you can find and then getting a white case for it. lol.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jgosline is a n00b

I had to take mine in to get replaced (faulty screen), but the only one they (Sprint) could get me was a White one. He mentioned it was weird as he didn't think they had them yet. He had to order it, so they didn't have them in stock. I declined, I'd rather have the black one and went to another Sprint store and they found one for me.....but thought I'd pass along the info.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G