PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 12:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

bigdawgdl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to bigdawgdl
My phone WILL NOT take Froyo

So I rooted my phone a while back using Unrevoked IIRC. And now I have been trying to get the new Froyo roms and I can't.

I have tried EVERYTHING and know I am following the instructions to a T! I tried to Simple Root .1 method, tried toast's method, tried using Rom Manager. I am at my wit's end and willing to pay somebody to help me if possible, I'd even send it off if I felt I could trust the person enough.

When I try to use Rom Manager premium, it tells me I don't have clockword's recovery then when it tries to install it it says, "error running priveledged commands."

I got really close at one point a few tries ago, with Avalaunch but then I was just getting the opening animation and not passed that.

When I go to software I get this,
Firmware- 2.1-update1
BAseband version- 1.39.00.04.26
Kernel Version- 2.6.29-a2443432, htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Build number- 1.32.651.1 CLI171352 test-keys
PRL- 60662
PRI- 1.34_003
Software- 1.32.651.1

My aim is bigdawgdl v2 if maybe you can help me out. Liek I said, I have done everything, tried every direction and I'm getting nowhere and just end up having to start all over then reinstall my stuff (pandora, slacker, meebo, etc.) multiple times.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: My phone WILL NOT take Froyo- will pay for help

have you tried unrevoked 3?

also if you want froyo just do a ota thats the easiest way
Old 08-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You need Toast's method AND you need to be NAND unlocked. All said and done, its like 10 mins of work. If you do the OTA, then you will be stuck until they find a root. Right now you are in a good position.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

kamitsuna is just getting started

OK! Rom manager does not give you root access.
http://www.androidcentral.com/evo-4g-root-instructions

Follow that guide to the letter.
If you follow it you will be rooted. After you are rooted, then use rom manager to install RA recovery. DO NOT INSTALL CLOCKWORK RECOVERY, it does not seem to cooperate with froyo for me.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Threadstarter

bigdawgdl is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bigdawgdl

Followed everything to a t, also did the nand unlock, somehow I am coming out only partial rooted is the problem according to whoever it was who worked with me for like 4hrs over AIM last night. Like when I boot into the phone, I don;'t have the superuser icon so I'm not fully rooted

Did this part too http://www.gadgetsdna.com/how-to-roo...otection/3861/

It is as if something I did earlier permenantly screwed up something to the point it will never work properly again

Everything seemed to have worked fine but like I said, no superuser icon

Last edited by bigdawgdl; 08-06-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: add
Old 08-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Master Kimosabi

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Able to get back into recovery? Power/down volume? Restore nand and you should be good

Damaged Evo 3.5
Old 08-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Master Kimosabi

So you got the first part but you need the second. When opening cmd, did you start with "cd c:\Android-sdk\tools\ then adb"? That's probably why it couldn't find the directory

Or it would be cd c:\recovery etc. Your almost there. Shouldnt have tried to flash that Rom.

Damaged Evo 3.5
Old 08-06-2010, 12:30 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

have you done any updates? Are you still rooted?

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Master Kimosabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
have you done any updates? Are you still rooted?

CW
I worked with him last night. He got the first part because Su gave a # in adb. It's the second part he got stuck. He tried flashing tmartin also. I think nand would work

Damaged Evo 3.5
Old 08-06-2010, 12:42 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
I worked with him last night. He got the first part because Su gave a # in adb. It's the second part he got stuck. He tried flashing tmartin also. I think nand would work

Damaged Evo 3.5
ahh so he's not in full root.

CW

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
failure, froyo, root, trouble, unrevoked