PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 09:09 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If your phone wont go to sleep...

...and you're using the TIKL push to talk app.. it's the culprit. I went into running applications and tried to force stop it and it wouldnt even stop. Uninstalled and no more sleep issues. I'm guessing this hasnt been updated for 2.2 yet.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint / AT&T

rkiechle is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to rkiechle
Re: If your phone wont go to sleep...

don't forget to check other 3rd party apps, it is more than likely this exact problem with an APP... my 2.2 was not sleeping until i found the culprit (for me is was a battery widget)

If i have done something to help you, please thank me so i can thank them and they can thank you...
Old 08-05-2010, 09:29 AM
The EVO Guru
Threadstarter

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yea I knew it had to be an app or a widget. I thought it was the switch pro widget but I killed that and the issue came back a little later. Went into running services and saw TIKL... tried to kill it...it wouldnt die lol. Uninstalled and phone went right to sleep. Battery has been beasting ever since.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

camscell is becoming a great contributor
Mine won't sleep and I think it's swype

Sent from my EVO
EVO
Old 08-05-2010, 11:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

If you updated FB the other day go reupdate it, it was preventing the phone from sleeping...

new update came out a little bit ago.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
If you updated FB the other day go reupdate it, it was preventing the phone from sleeping...

new update came out a little bit ago.
Thank you so much.. I was pulling my hair out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKay View Post
Thank you so much.. I was pulling my hair out.
You are welcome.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

How can you tell if it's been sleeping as opposed to the screen just being off?
Old 08-06-2010, 05:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

I amon 2.2 and I am using the TiKL app and my phone sleeps just fine. Just because its in running services doesnt mean its not allowing the phone to sleep. Also you can stop some running services but theyw ill pop back up because they are designed to run in the back ground. System panel is a great app. It will not only help you find the culprit for sleep issues but it has a help button that gives great descriptions of what and how android works.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:22 AM
The EVO Guru
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
I amon 2.2 and I am using the TiKL app and my phone sleeps just fine. Just because its in running services doesnt mean its not allowing the phone to sleep. Also you can stop some running services but theyw ill pop back up because they are designed to run in the back ground. System panel is a great app. It will not only help you find the culprit for sleep issues but it has a help button that gives great descriptions of what and how android works.
With it running my awake and uptime were the same.. deleted it and my battery life is better than ever.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G