PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Poll: Who's waiting for the released ROM? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=130471)

sanjsrik 08-02-2010 01:24 PM

Poll: Who's waiting for the released ROM?

I'm just curious how many are already running the pre-released ROM (which according to HTC is not recommended and not final)
How many are waiting until to morrow for the stock ROM from Sprint/HTC?
How many are going to wait for the rooted ROM from a chef?

themuffinman 08-02-2010 01:29 PM

Re: Poll: Who's waiting for the released ROM?

All of the above.

iknight8 08-02-2010 01:30 PM

As much i am anxious i will wait till the official release... and then see which i like better! :)

Downr@nge 08-02-2010 01:33 PM

I surely want to use the early release but I don't want to void my warranty!

mlin 08-02-2010 01:36 PM

I'm rooted and have been running custom ROMs for a month or so. I am running the pre release now, though it does have its bugs. I will switch to the rooted release once someone gets their hands on it.

EVO on Tapatalk

antjones21 08-02-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Downr@nge (Post 1894157)
I surely want to use the early release but I don't want to void my warranty!

I'm using the pre-release but I will probably install the one Official one tomorrow.

The void warranty issue is always in the back of my mind but I've noticed that most of the time I know more about the phone than the Sprint techs at the stores so if there is an issue with your phone they probably won't even know/notice that u put a different rom on it unless you tell them.

tokuzumi 08-02-2010 01:39 PM

I am using AvaLaunchMod's *almost final* Sprint rom. It's the 3.25 version (final release will be 3.26). The build is rather solid. I just wish Sprint/HTC would do something with the 30fps issue. I'll go back and forth between this rom, and CM6, once CM gets the 4G working. I think they are close.

tokuzumi 08-02-2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antjones21 (Post 1894161)
I'm using the pre-release but I will probably install the one Official one tomorrow.

The void warranty issue is always in the back of my mind but I've noticed that most of the time I know more about the phone than the Sprint techs at the stores so if there is an issue with your phone they probably won't even know/notice that u put a different rom on it unless you tell them.

If you have to take your phone in for service, all you need to do is a nandroid backup, flash one of the original sprint 2.1 roms on it, have them do their thing, and then re-root, and do a nand restore. You will be right back to where you left off. No warranty issues.

antjones21 08-02-2010 01:44 PM

How do I do the nandroid backup? Is that an app I need to do that backup?

aman1127 08-02-2010 02:18 PM

When your phone is off, press power while holding volume down. Then go to recovery and then backup

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk