PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
stuck in nandroid restore... HELP [Solved]

im really nervous right now, i flashed omj rom and i wanted to go back to my damage control rom and i made a nand backup of it now its been restoreing for at least 10 mins now and i'm thinkin its stuck, i mean the "." are still piling up but its almost the whole screen now.... wut should i do????

Last edited by Ticklemepinks; 08-02-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: stuck in nandroid restore... HELP

That seems like a long time but usually when I am NAND restoring I can see the txt moving etc.

What recovery are you using?
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 08-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Newsie and More
Threadstarter

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL View Post
That seems like a long time but usually when I am NAND restoring I can see the txt moving etc.

What recovery are you using?
clockworks, i see the text movin but its almost a full screen of dots right now, and I don't know wut to do... i'm afraid to pull out the battery and brick it, and i just watching this screen fill up with dots!
Old 08-02-2010, 07:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

I say give it more time, but if it does brick you can always exchange it at your Sprint store. Hope it works out for you.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Newsie and More
Threadstarter

yeah its still goin and I'm pretty sure if i take the battery out while restoring it's gonna brick my fone, so i'm gonna give it 10 more minutes and then be brave and probably end up going to sprint in 2 hours when they open
Old 08-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
yeah its still goin and I'm pretty sure if i take the battery out while restoring it's gonna brick my fone, so i'm gonna give it 10 more minutes and then be brave and probably end up going to sprint in 2 hours when they open
Just because you pull the battery doesn't mean it will brick though. Theres the chance of course but you should still be able to access clockwork recovery.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:59 AM
Newsie and More
Threadstarter

Quote:
Just because you pull the battery doesn't mean it will brick though. Theres the chance of course but you should still be able to access clockwork recovery.
so I was brave and pulled the battery out and so far it made it to the splash screen... so if i can go back into recovery eff a nandroid im just gonna reinstall the whole rom.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
so I was brave and pulled the battery out and so far it made it to the splash screen... so if i can go back into recovery eff a nandroid im just gonna reinstall the whole rom.
Thats what I would do also.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Newsie and More
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thats what I would do also.
so since i now know removing the battery during a restore doesnt brick it... i tried and ran it back and tho it did take a nice 8 mins, it restored this tyme... so i'm happy and can continue with my night before i got and apply for financial aid lol
Old 08-02-2010, 08:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
so since i now know removing the battery during a restore doesnt brick it... i tried and ran it back and tho it did take a nice 8 mins, it restored this tyme... so i'm happy and can continue with my night before i got and apply for financial aid lol
haha I'm glad it worked out for you

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G