PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 09:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED
Threadstarter

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Evo_Ology Htc Evo 4G Android 2.2 Froyo Rom By PB! Froyo Features Explained

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy View Post
The way I experienced it, I clicked the above link and it said "page not found." I had to actually visit the site itself, register for the site, which failed several times. It kept saying it couldn't connect to a database to verify whether or not I was a spammer. Finally I got in, and then had to come back and click this link to find the thread with the ROM in it. Then instead of having a direct link to download the file, I have to register AGAIN, with another user/password to be presented with a download link. To me, all of the above seems quite ridiculous, considering almost every other ROM just has a link to download the file.

Dave
we are aware of the troubles with the server and are working on the fix please be patient and you can access from the site straight for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keedog View Post
In the "settings" there is now a item called "dock" that wasn't there before, but no Froyo video treats it like its new. What does that do?
thats for car mode when you are docked or docked in the hdmi dock for quick access to important or commonly used items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
wuts the fps you have on here, it looks pretty fast but i'm curious
i average around 53fps

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
What's up with the rom link? No matter if i click that link or google search for the rom i can't find a working link.
the link below given works fine and we are aware of the server issues... please be patient as we are working on a fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
+1 for a regular download link.

Kinda weird having to make an account to download a rom..... I'm sure we'll see mirrors shortly anyways.

Gonna give the rom a try, looks cool I guess.

Thanks D/\SH for bringin' it here.

edit: holy slow d/l btw.
please no mirrors of this rom, this is why it is like this because people were stealing this rom without proper credit being given to puertoblack2003

Quote:
OK finally the download finished....

First glance, the added graphics are very choppy, looks like something I used to make in paint.

WiFi tether does NOT work.

Has a little green dot to show where you are with your home screens, when you are at your main home screen the green dot isn't centered, it's off slightly to the left, only enough to be annoying. Wish it wasn't there at all.

Google Voice search FC's everytime I try it.

Includes ROM Manager, which is useless for me, so I consider it bloatware.

Skyfire is included, not my thing either.

Boot up sound is some rap/hip-hop thing, I couldn't make out what they were saying, but I'd be pretty embarrassed turning this thing on at work or anywhere in public.

Downloading procedure is a fail for sure. Server is slow and need to signup for more crap. I'd rather use rapidshare...yeah thats right.

Rom seems quick as any other Froyo rom. I do like the Espresso launcher bar more than the stock one.

I'd wait until the kinks get ironed out of this one and it comes out of BETA before I recommend it to anyone. It does have potential.

Back to CM6 for now. :/

REMEMBER, this is only my opinion! I'm sure alot of work went into this and I mean no disrespect.

thanks for the review and it says smartphonejunkie.com on bootup from a song a coupel of artists made for us... also the download was slow at the time and still will be until the server issue is fixed which is being worked on right now.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Having to sign up for a download isn't going to stop a mirror? I think it is going to encourage it.

I personally won't, but just sayin.

Good rom, hopefully it gets the kinks out!

Last edited by apristel; 08-02-2010 at 10:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:25 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Having to sign up for a download isn't going to stop a mirror?
will still divert though since will take more time than a normal.... i understand what you mean and such......
Old 08-03-2010, 01:38 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

all server issues are fixed... was mandatory update from vb that needed to be applied
Old 08-03-2010, 02:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

After using DC 3.2.3, and it's silent boot up, I no longer want a ROM that makes ANY noise on boot up, much less a song, much less a little rap guy song. Very unprofessional looking.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:48 AM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

dang why everyone so harsh?? lol
Old 08-03-2010, 06:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JaxChris is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
After using DC 3.2.3, and it's silent boot up, I no longer want a ROM that makes ANY noise on boot up, much less a song, much less a little rap guy song. Very unprofessional looking.
Mmm silent boot. Now that sounds like a winner any day of the week.

Posted from my HTC Evo
Old 08-03-2010, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
how does a sound have a look to it... and we all have our opinions but this is far from unprofessional looking... if you dont like just move along instead of flaming... how would you feel if i just bounce into your threads and start dissing on everything you say like a troll... ill do it if you want to see how annoying it is to have someone reply with negative to everything you say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticklemepinks View Post
dang why everyone so harsh?? lol
i was thinking the same.... over a damn boot up? how often do you boot your phone?!
Old 08-03-2010, 12:48 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:

LMAO...Bundo you're getting old....
Old 08-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Big Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig Redneck3100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Redneck3100

Ahhhh come on guys....cant we all play nice? Just be respectful of the threadstarter an thank the man for his effort instead of pouncin on him....sheesh...this aint high school folks...we are all adults here....

When life gives you lemons...find someone whos life gave them tequilla and have a party!!!!

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the button, I surely appreciate it!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G