PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 02:32 PM
XterierK

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: FroYo 2.2 -- A List of Bugs & Issues

Source:http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/30/e...-manual-insta/
Quote:
Update: HTC just shot us a message to clarify that this is not the final ROM version and that the company is strongly recommending not to install this. Additionally, a request has been put in to remove the file from the server, so if you still want to try at your own risk, better download now while it's still available.

Update 2: ... and now it's gone. We're sure crafty internet users can still find the file lingering elsewhere, but you won't be getting it from HTC's servers this weekend. You know the old saying, ye who snoozes, something something, tough luck.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Very few issues...

Fixed: Was the Weather channel program. Set my location as home and it puts it in the notification bar. Removed... problem solved.
1. Every so often when starting my camcorder/camera, I get a white bar at the top for a second then it goes away. Not a real problem...just annoying.

Fixed: (had "Spare Parts application" set to aggressive activity/process management)
2. When selecting the clock widget on the home page and then selecting the home button I get a white HTC page and then a loading screen. I also get the white screen when selecting the home button while viewing the dial pad. Says HTC and then a Loading screen.

NO PROBLEMS!!

After reviewing this rom...I am glad I flashed it...it works great. I am sure the Real version will work even better.

Last edited by searcher61; 07-31-2010 at 05:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

dodgeboy is becoming a great contributor

I am also having the intermittent camera issue. Using the LED Light widget fixes it for me as well (thanks, OP!).

I have a feeling that the official 8/3 release will be the same as this one. I think they are just trying to get people to download it via the normal means next week. It seems insane to me that there would be this many bugs after it taking so long for them to release it. Ah well... I'm sure the devs will have these all fixed up in a new rom within a week.

Dave
Old 07-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycakes2 View Post
I manually downloaded FroYo 2.2 on 7/30. Yes, it may have been premature and I am well aware that the final build will be out on 8/3. Still, it was released to the test-bedders for the purposes of real-world usage and the determination of any issues.
Correction: It was never "released", someone simply located the link on the HTC servers and poof, spread like wild fire. I would not call this any sort of intentional release a la Google giving out Evo's during this year Developers conference.

Call it a cover-up if you want when HTC tweeted this was not the final release, doesn't matter, it was never meant to be distributed for any "testing."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy View Post
It seems insane to me that there would be this many bugs after it taking so long for them to release it.
Froyo was "final" around the end of June. Not too bad IMO.......
Old 07-31-2010, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

johnnycakes2 is keeping up the good workjohnnycakes2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by slopokdave View Post
Correction: It was never "released", someone simply located the link on the HTC servers and poof, spread like wild fire. I would not call this any sort of intentional release a la Google giving out Evo's during this year Developers conference.

Call it a cover-up if you want when HTC tweeted this was not the final release, doesn't matter, it was never meant to be distributed for any "testing."
Unless the HTC website was hacked (which is wasn't) and this build was posted on a plain-as-day page (which it was), then it was released as promised (by Sprint & HTC) for a manual download on 7/30. They did it intentionally to get it into the wild and tested by the early adopters who can tell them better than anyone else what is wrong with the build.

I don't regret the download, and at the same time I have every right to post what problems build .3 poses. What we're doing is constructive. What is it you're doing again?
Old 07-31-2010, 03:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycakes2 View Post
Unless the HTC website was hacked (which is wasn't) and this build was posted on a plain-as-day page (which it was), then it was released as promised (by Sprint & HTC) for a manual download on 7/30. They did it intentionally to get it into the wild and tested by the early adopters who can tell them better than anyone else what is wrong with the build.

I don't regret the download, and at the same time I have every right to post what problems build .3 poses. What we're doing is constructive. What is it you're doing again?
Show me which page it was linked off? I never saw it, only the direct link to the file on HTC servers. its not too hard to poke around a directory.

No company would slip, intentionally, then pull it 2 hours later. If you want some constructivness, any bug list is moot given HTC says its not the final build. Carry on....

Last edited by slopokdave; 07-31-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo 800w > a proud owner of Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

laythy is just getting started

i dont have no problems what so ever on mine its working perfectly with way better batter life too

the white htc screen u see is whats running in the background when scenes is not running or taking some time to reload

htc removed the android GUI and replaced it with scenes thats why u see it

i would say re flash see if that helps ur problem or at least restore to factory
Old 07-31-2010, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

johnnycakes2 is keeping up the good workjohnnycakes2 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
No company would slip, intentionally, then pull it 2 hours later. If you want some constructivness, any bug list is moot given HTC says its not the final build. Carry on....
Then you've missed the whole point of this thread, you never read my OP, and you serve no purpose here.

What no company would allow is an accidental leak like this that would open themselves up to the legal headslam they'd have to endure for possibly bricking a thousand of their flagship devices. Don't be so naive.

But we agree on one thing, carry on...
Old 07-31-2010, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

coppertop24 is becoming a great contributor

In regards to the white HTC loading screen, are you guys running any task killers? I used to see this on 2.1 also when i was running Process Manager and even on this rom after i loaded Process Manager and again with ATK. Make sure if you are, you put HTC Sense or com.htc.launcher on the ignore lists. Youre seeing this because Sense is being killed and has to reload. May or may not be the reason, but once i added it to the ignore list i dont see that anymore.

Last edited by coppertop24; 07-31-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:04 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

Froyo was "final" around the end of June. Not too bad IMO.......
*Correction it was "released" on the HTC Server yesterday (07302010) As noted by HTC it was not the final release but it was a release non the less. No cover up Its was meant to be distributed.

And for the topic of conversation I am not having ANY of these issues

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
battery life, caller id, contacts, froyo, phonebook, slow, sluggish