PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 08:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone else get ghost screen touches with new leaked Froyo?

It only happens when I use any ROM based off the .47 OTA and now the newer froyo 2.2 versions that have been released. I realize they are not final but a final version is obviously not going to fix my problem.

I feel I am probably a very small number of people with this issue. If I run any other ROM I don't have the issue but obviously there is something either with my phone or in the kernel or something effecting my phone.

What do I mean by ghost screen touch? Randomly using the phone it will register touches at the top of my screen. Bad enough to make the screen unusuable and I have to turn the screen off and on multiple times till it goes away.

This is on a completely stock ROM without me adding any software or anything. I also have no screen protectors etc. I have eliminated everything I can.

The only thing I can think of is I know before the .47 OTA some people complained about a grounding issue. I never had that problem personally but whatever they changed I think may be causing this because any ROM before that is fine.

Rev. 002 with Novatech screen. I get 5 points on Dotty also. Bought on launch.

thanks for reading.
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01

Last edited by MrDSL; 08-01-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff
Re: Anyone else get ghost screen touches with new leaked Froyo?

nevermind...

Last edited by searcher61; 07-31-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

At this rate its possible my phone could meet the wall!!!
Old 07-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans

OHappens to my phone too. I figured it was the ota as well. My phone was perfect before, now, it's just okay . (that really annoys me, lol)
Old 07-31-2010, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)

jlechner is just getting started

You guys will have to exchange your phone. If you have insurance, just call sprint and they will ship you a new one.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The "wait and see" policy works again. I'll be sticking with my 2.1 Damage Control 3.2.3. for a while, for sure. My phone works too good and life is too busy to be a guinea pig.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlechner View Post
You guys will have to exchange your phone. If you have insurance, just call sprint and they will ship you a new one.
I emailed Sprint and they want me to take to a Spring store and have a tech do some testing or whatever. So now I have to hope that it actually happens while they look at it.

Very fustrating because frankly I don't want to exchange my phone cause I like it as is but I can't deal with this too much longer.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/TP2

aaron580 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to aaron580

when i called to get mine replaced (not for this prob) and i live so far away from any store they said they were out of stock and who knows when they would get more in... kinda annoying

OMJ rom
Godmode kernel tearing fixed
Old 07-31-2010, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

roofus3000 is just getting started

Im finally glad someone is talking about this issue. The only time mine does it is when im plugged into a charger. What happens on my phone is that it seems as if someone is pushing down on the screen. It has even gone as far as removing widgets to the trash part of my phone. However when I unplug my phone it stops. I dont know what to do.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofus3000 View Post
Im finally glad someone is talking about this issue. The only time mine does it is when im plugged into a charger. What happens on my phone is that it seems as if someone is pushing down on the screen. It has even gone as far as removing widgets to the trash part of my phone. However when I unplug my phone it stops. I dont know what to do.
It does tend to happen to me more when its plugged in but it does still happen to me not plugged in.

When I launch my app tray it will always select the one on the very top left corner which happens to be adfree. If it happening on your app tray does it select that top left icon also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
The "wait and see" policy works again. I'll be sticking with my 2.1 Damage Control 3.2.3. for a while, for sure. My phone works too good and life is too busy to be a guinea pig.
As I said though the .47 OTA has been out for awhile and it does it to me with that so this update was a more of hope its not there anymore kind of thing.

Last edited by MrDSL; 07-31-2010 at 04:00 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G