PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

roofus3000 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone else get ghost screen touches with new leaked Froyo?

btw im not on the new froyo updated rom bcuz im waiting on the official froyo rooted rom...but this problem has been happening on my stock rooted rom.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan07 View Post
Unless you're waiting on a really important call, why not take them the problem? Meaning, don't reset your screen so they see it first hand.
Its hard to get it to happen on command thats the issue really. Using it daily as much as I do obviously I'm going to notice it but getting it to do it when the tech is using it will be challenging.
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 08-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL View Post
Its hard to get it to happen on command thats the issue really. Using it daily as much as I do obviously I'm going to notice it but getting it to do it when the tech is using it will be challenging.

ahh i know that all too well, during my treo 800 and my TP1, TP2 days everytime I had an issue no matter wut is was; screen not respondin, keyboard, reboots etc.. it used to happened all day constantly mess wit me but the moment i stepped in the sprint store its like my phone was brand new..wen i pulled it out, i swear even the sprint plastic returned lol..but yea ur jus left standing there lookin like a liar who wants another device. my TP2 (or i should say one of my many TP2's) i actually had to leave it wit them for like 2days jus so they could see..

Last edited by ddark4eva; 08-02-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

MadSquabbles is just getting started

i thought it was common knowledge that the "leaked" version was an unfinished product. that's why it was pulled.

wait until you get final release before you start panicking. though it doesn't hurt to point out a bug that htc may not be aware of.

i'd guess it's more of a software problem than hardware. you've been running froyo for a while alreadey, haven't you?

android phones have been picky about what chargers they like, could be the update makes it even pickier.

Last edited by MadSquabbles; 08-02-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
i thought it was common knowledge that the "leaked" version was an unfinished product. that's why it was pulled.

wait until you get final release before you start panicking. though it doesn't hurt to point out a bug that htc may not be aware of.

i'd guess it's more of a software problem than hardware. you've been running froyo for a while alreadey, haven't you?

android phones have been picky about what chargers they like, could be the update makes it even pickier.
As noted in my original post this has been happening since the .47 OTA update which has been out for sometime now. The chance that this problem will magically go away on the 'offical' 2.2 OTA is about zero..Considering every leak has the issue also.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

MadSquabbles is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDSL View Post
As noted in my original post this has been happening since the .47 OTA update which has been out for sometime now. The chance that this problem will magically go away on the 'offical' 2.2 OTA is about zero..Considering every leak has the issue also.
but you were running other froyo builds prior to .47 update as per many other posts you've made in the past. i don't recall you ever stating you had a problem with "ghost touches" back then (of course i didn't read all your posts).

so if every leak has the issue, then try something that's not the leak. use a known good build you've used. if you still have the problem then it could be radio update/software update or (hopefully not) a hardware issue.

do you still have the problem with the new "official" ota?
Old 08-03-2010, 09:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSquabbles View Post
but you were running other froyo builds prior to .47 update as per many other posts you've made in the past. i don't recall you ever stating you had a problem with "ghost touches" back then (of course i didn't read all your posts).

so if every leak has the issue, then try something that's not the leak. use a known good build you've used. if you still have the problem then it could be radio update/software update or (hopefully not) a hardware issue.

do you still have the problem with the new "official" ota?
That is correct the only ROM's that so work for me is anything BEFORE .47 OTA..The offical 2.2 release I have the same issue.

The only froyo ROM I don't have the issue with is Ava v9 but that doesnt have working camera or even MMS. I would like to just stay at a very old ROM but it really doesn't do much for me going forward.

Its either something in the hardware but I think its software. One of the things I remember people complainging about before the .47 OTA was a grounding issue. The screen not being responsive if it was laying on a desk for example. I personally NEVER had this issue but HTC addressed it in the .47 OTA and since that update is when the problem started to happen.

Its my thought that I just have a rare issue and not enough people have the problem for it to be addressed.

So I am loading up the offical 2.2 OTA and so far it happens pretty often so I think I should be okay in getting it to happen when the tech looks at it.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Iron.Wraith is keeping up the good workIron.Wraith is keeping up the good work

I had the issue prior to the leaked 2.2. Haven't noticed it yet but haven't been using my phone as heavily the past few days. The most annoying thing to me is going into my list of txts and picking someone to reply too and it magically picks someone 4 conversations below where i tap.... and will do it 3 times in a row. I've gotten pretty pissed a couple of times and responded to the wrong person at least half a dozen times before getting in the habit of making sure i was txting the right person.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron.Wraith View Post
I had the issue prior to the leaked 2.2. Haven't noticed it yet but haven't been using my phone as heavily the past few days. The most annoying thing to me is going into my list of txts and picking someone to reply too and it magically picks someone 4 conversations below where i tap.... and will do it 3 times in a row. I've gotten pretty pissed a couple of times and responded to the wrong person at least half a dozen times before getting in the habit of making sure i was txting the right person.
OMG yes when it happens to me txting I want to throw it against the wall!! haha

So annoying but all I can do it keep turning the screen off and on till it decides to go away.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

In all of experiences exchanging defective phones with Sprint, it has not been a requirement that the tech be able to reproduce the issue. I think they understand that there is a possibility they will be unable to reproduce the issue in a short amount of time and thus, at least for me, they have simply taken my word and swapped my phone. With as much as you have complained about this issue from this thread to CM's thread, I think its time you just go get a new phone, or at least try.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G