PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

yang88she is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to yang88she Send a message via MSN to yang88she Send a message via Yahoo to yang88she
Re: Htc froyo updates!

Didn't want to create a new thread, but a friend of mine at corporate, says group will be tested on 50000 evos tomorrow and if all goes well, then the rest will follow.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom
Carrier: Sprint

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community

Just a friendly reminder...
Don't accept any OTA if you want to keep root access.
I think once this OTA does hit, a bunch of people who are rooted will accept the new OTA because it's FROYO, then they will unroot their phone.
Then 12-24hours later the great developers we have will have a rooted version of the OTA but for 90% it will already be too late.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I guess they/we could install the OTA Froyo, then sometime soon someone will be able to crack it.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D-Flashaholic
Carrier: Sprint F&F an SERO..Oscuras

ddark4eva is keeping up the good workddark4eva is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ddark4eva

@FastRX8 the last update Almost caught me off guard cus it popped up so quik but luckily I had jus bought Tapatalk lol. thanks for the reminder that should save some ppl...well the ones that "research b4 action" at least
Old 07-29-2010, 12:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

If you want to test drive Froyo I strongly suggest checking out CyanogenMod at XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=735596). His RC1 is super speedy. It has a few things that aren't working but the ROM has been built from the ground up. 4G, HDMI and FM Radio aren't working and it does not contain HTC Sense and His development team (Team Douche) is working on fixing those items not working.

I'm personally getting benchmarks that are 2-3 times Stock EVO with 8-10 hours of battery life depending on use.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint EVO

donnatn is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to donnatn

I want some froyo...bad.....wish Sprint would give it to use now. It appears that they wait until things are tested and verified but we saw with the last update that they didn't test enough. Too many problems...

Wish there was an elite beta tester group where we could sign up and get updates early. or is there one and no one invited me???

lol
Old 07-29-2010, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Munroe is becoming a great contributor

August 5th is the release date. I saw a post in Android forums with an email from HTC stating that.

IF Sprint was a snake, and the evo users were horny perverts, well if you could hold a snake's head straight you'd prob f&ck it to get you some froyo venom! hahahaha

myspace.com/munroemusic
www.AmericaNationwide.com
Old 07-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work

c'mon its sprint we'll prob get the update when the phone is completely outdated like usuall
Old 07-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

the update you need to worry about probably never getting is gingerbread. now thats never going to come to the evo
Old 07-29-2010, 03:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

I personally think that the EVO, being the the design, specs and type of handset it is will be Supreme for a long time and I believe Sprint as a company knows that. so Sprint will try to spoon feed us as little as the can without sacrifing customer count, when the sign up rate slows or stop then they will push all they can. The only other thing that can push Sprint off there high horse now is that if HTC makes another device that is 4g for another carrier that has double the processor speeds and be able to overclock 40 to 60 more safely with no adverse effects. If that ever happens watch out. But the new law that was passed I guarantee Sprint will fight tooth and nail with customers on that because all you have to do is pay $150.00 to $200.00 and not buy another phone, to switch carriers. I hear large carriers silent agreements growing!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
don't see any tags