PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Laggy EVO

your not alone. All the apps hog up cpu resources. It common knoledge that too many app slow down under performing cpus.And Evo snapdragon is that.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:44 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Android shouldn't become slow even if you have only 20MB left. That isn't the way it handles memory, very different from a PC. WM would become slow if you had anything installed to the phone, Android won't.

The best thing to do is uninstall all the apps that you installed when the phone slowed down. Then, install one by one and see if it is that app. I can tell you that I have never used any security program so that could very well be the culprit.

Edit: One more thing, I have a ton of apps, 230MB free on A2SD2 and have no problems with the phone slowing down. That's why I think its an app. If you get a task killer you could kill each app one by one and see if that app being killed helps the phone. You said you are good with comps so you know which apps to never kill.

Last edited by thacounty; 07-22-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Everything slows down and becomes laggy if you fill it up...PC's do it...why wouldn't a phone? Remove what is not needed...then you'll see an inprovement...

agreed
Old 07-22-2010, 04:32 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaman View Post
Yes I wasn't talking about that mr over informed average joe who thinks he knows something when he really just trys to talk down to people through a forum because nobody in real life believes his actually undereducated a$$.....could do without the attitude man just asked a question because I know the value of other peoples input because no matter how much you know its always the best factor. idisabled a crapload of stuff from starting up when the phone does and bought ultimate juice to curb the network flow. I will check my cpu stats regardless.

Sent from my EVO!
Maybe it is just me but this is the post I see that has the attitude. Relax, it is the internet... Take the advice you asked for. Roll with it if you think it has merit, leave it alone if you don't. It is that simple.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:33 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

I will also add, that very rarely does my evo lag. I am thinking it is bad programming on some programs and there is a memory leak somewhere. BUT I could be wrong.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

frazy is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to frazy

i want to say that my evo is a little bit laggy as well. it just doesnt make sense because the last app i put on was automatic task killer which should help the phone to run smoother, not slower. weird.....
Old 07-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaman View Post
I still have over 250MB of free space and that'sa lot...I'm no newb I'm a computer systems engineer I know how this works...shouldn't be memory filling up
No it should not. Mine begain right after the UPDATE. Takes for ever to load to sreen when turning on and laggy when going to apps and other.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm pre/htc tp
Carrier: sprint

dfve is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
You also relize that when current apps are running in the background a phone or system will get laggy. You may have 250MB of free space...but with apps running in the background...or tasks running in the background you will still see lag. Take a look at whats all running on your phone....I'm willing to be thats whats slowing it down. If it isn't, then I don't know what to tell you Mr. Computer System's Engineer...
you using advanced task killer and still experience slow response??
Old 07-22-2010, 11:48 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazy View Post
i want to say that my evo is a little bit laggy as well. it just doesnt make sense because the last app i put on was automatic task killer which should help the phone to run smoother, not slower. weird.....
If you are killing the wrong apps it is actually going to make the phone slower to have ATK.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Get froyo on cyanogenmod 6 and you will never have memory issues. Sense is slowing your shit down. No need for an app killer on froyo.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Google is the next skynet

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G