PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Show OFF :) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129051)

downsouthballa 07-18-2010 02:37 PM

Show OFF :)

showing off my EVO to some Iphone users they are like WOW.. ...

blazin-asian 07-18-2010 04:06 PM

Re: Show OFF :)

what exactly did you show them? i usually show off the big screen and video chat without having to be connected to wifi.

subzero1313 07-18-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazin-asian (Post 1872253)
what exactly did you show them? i usually show off the big screen and video chat without having to be connected to wifi.

They can do that with Fring now, so Id be careful on that 1

I just show them my speedtest results. 5.5 MBPS :O

lipidfats 07-18-2010 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero1313 (Post 1872257)
They can do that with Fring now, so Id be careful on that 1

I just show them my speedtest results. 5.5 MBPS :O

video chat was removed from fring.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=128224

*king* 07-18-2010 06:35 PM

lipid you can still use fring to vid chat, that link you posted was that vid chat to skype users was removed

themuffinman 07-18-2010 06:57 PM

Yeah, you can still do fring to fring.

Karl 07-18-2010 08:28 PM

when i show my EVO to iphone users they go wow loook at the big screen
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..

stuge123 07-18-2010 08:56 PM

[QUOTE=
then i go watch this..
i can hold my phone anyway a want and calls dont drop..[/QUOTE]

<------ Comedy genius right there!

tool2269 07-18-2010 09:36 PM

Not sure if this would work, but tell them to go to 'sadtrombone.com' and see if it can 'play' flash site?

(it can play from the evo dophin hd browser)

PPCGeeks4ME 07-18-2010 11:24 PM

I just swipe through my home screens with all of my widgets.

ChrisH09 07-19-2010 12:41 AM

And thats why the Iphone still sucks...it doesn't have widgets...but don't tell any Iphone Fanboy that...because they will come back with the folders comeback!...which is old news anyway...oh and that thing they call Multi-tasking...ppff what a joke.

clockcycle 07-19-2010 09:57 AM

It's funny though, they never come back with... Hey I can be on a call and surf the net to look for something anywhere in the nation..

Oh yeah, you can do that too.. If you were in a 4G area..

hehe ;)

brokestudent12 07-21-2010 12:51 PM

I bought an iPhone 4 just to do it and I gotta say, the EVO is so much better it's not even funny. Kinda sad really. I don't fanboy any device, android, WM, apple, I'll buy em and try em all to see for myself not listen to hear say.

In this case iPhone does blow.

demolasko 07-21-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlE (Post 1872583)
then i go watch this..

lol funny

Meanee 07-21-2010 04:25 PM

I show them that my weather is not always 74 degrees

varaff 07-21-2010 07:24 PM

Android has folders as well.. :-)
from the main screen, click the +
then click Folders.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisH09 (Post 1872947)
And thats why the Iphone still sucks...it doesn't have widgets...but don't tell any Iphone Fanboy that...because they will come back with the folders comeback!...which is old news anyway...oh and that thing they call Multi-tasking...ppff what a joke.

dfve 07-25-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brokestudent12 (Post 1876585)
I bought an iPhone 4 just to do it and I gotta say, the EVO is so much better it's not even funny. Kinda sad really. I don't fanboy any device, android, WM, apple, I'll buy em and try em all to see for myself not listen to hear say.

In this case iPhone does blow.

haha, good call, i had a orig tp, then a pre for a short short while, then tp2...now a evo, i grab what hot n new, sell my old phone and move on...NEXT CASE:) BY THE WAY, MY WIFE HAS IPHONEY4...SHE PLAYS WITH MY PHONE EVERY AM WHEN WE DRINK COFFEE TOGETHER:)

OMGWTF_BBQ 07-25-2010 03:09 PM

Kick stand, nuff said.
Gets them every time.

dfve 07-26-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMGWTF_BBQ (Post 1882629)
Kick stand, nuff said.
Gets them every time.

you could laso carry a first aid kit with bands aids, to show your solidarity:)

stparker38 07-29-2010 02:13 AM

My boyfriend said "oooh your EVO is kinda big and heavy" and I said "yeah cuz I actually like seeing the images in my videos!"... the only thing he has that I wish I did was Words with Friends... I LOVE that game... but I love my EVO more!!! Other than that and a car game that I could drive w/the device, I could get anything he could in Market...

aman1127 07-29-2010 05:20 AM

I like to say that the coolest thing is that I can hold my phone upside down with a kung-fu grip and I can still make my calls!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

breezer260 08-05-2010 10:53 PM

So i did a lot of traveling this past week and I kept getting "is that the new Iphone?" when I pulled out my EVO on the plane and at the meeting I attended. I am getting so sick of that question and just want to say "No I like to make phone calls with my phone" but instead I say no it's better than the Iphone and start going into the bigger screen how much cooler it is. I almost always get a blank disappointing look like "oh, so it's not an Iphone?"

What do you guys say to "normal" people, as opposed to the enlightened people on the forum, so that they understand how much better the EVO is than Iphone?

Boo Boo 08-05-2010 11:28 PM

i need to go to a apple store with a shirt that reads

My EVO 4G wont drop a call no matter how I hold it.

and have my ipad with me so they can't run me out

themuffinman 08-05-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breezer260 (Post 1900800)
So i did a lot of traveling this past week and I kept getting "is that the new Iphone?" when I pulled out my EVO on the plane and at the meeting I attended. I am getting so sick of that question and just want to say "No I like to make phone calls with my phone" but instead I say no it's better than the Iphone and start going into the bigger screen how much cooler it is. I almost always get a blank disappointing look like "oh, so it's not an Iphone?"

What do you guys say to "normal" people, as opposed to the enlightened people on the forum, so that they understand how much better the EVO is than Iphone?

Apple is the master of marketing, they have an amazing ability to make people believe that they were the first to everything when it comes to the iphone. Just the other day I was getting breakfast at mcdonalds and this random lady approached me and asked if that was the new iphone and I was like no this is the htc evo from sprint. I also proceeded to tell her that the iphone was really nice but it aint got nothing on this evo. Well I must have hit a nerve or something and she proceeded to tell me all these features of the iphone but I came back saying my phone can do everything the iphone can then proceeded to show her a few things I know the iphone can't do, atleast not natively anyway. She was shocked and the look on her face was priceless. Needless to say, she had nothing left to say.

racemepls 08-05-2010 11:58 PM

I just show them how it prints money and grants three wishes!

aman1127 08-06-2010 12:09 AM

I want iphone4. It has the wifis

Boo Boo 08-06-2010 12:54 AM

for the amount of money i spend i am thinking unless sprint comes up with a better phone i may go iphone 4 in october when my contracts up.

i really dont like getting raped out of 10 extra bucks a month. havent seen anything yet to make it worth 10 extra a month

biscodude 08-06-2010 01:03 AM

Boo, that's a pretty dumb thing to say considering ATT charges $25 for only 2gigs of data and we get true unlimited data for only $10 per month, including 4G service. Honestly, it's pretty annoying how you guys continue to bitch over 10 freaking dollars. Our plans are still much cheaper and offer more than the competition. Get.Over.It.

cubbieswin 08-06-2010 01:04 AM

I haven't had a fringe session work clearly at all. Same with Qik. Not on WiFi, 3G, or 4G. It's definitely nothing like the commercials I see on TV all the time.

themuffinman 08-06-2010 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 1900947)
for the amount of money i spend i am thinking unless sprint comes up with a better phone i may go iphone 4 in october when my contracts up.

i really dont like getting raped out of 10 extra bucks a month. havent seen anything yet to make it worth 10 extra a month

LMAO, yeah ok. It seems you do like getting raped!!!

phistyle 08-06-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stparker38 (Post 1887879)
My boyfriend said "oooh your EVO is kinda big and heavy" and I said "yeah cuz I actually like seeing the images in my videos!"... the only thing he has that I wish I did was Words with Friends... I LOVE that game... but I love my EVO more!!! Other than that and a car game that I could drive w/the device, I could get anything he could in Market...

lol that's like the only thing I like about the iphone...Words With Friends game....most of my friend and people I know have and iphone and are all over that game and I always feel left out :(

aman1127 08-06-2010 01:14 AM

My friends are jealous I can watch Hulu anytime! Yeah bitches.!! I just need the 4G to be set

biscodude 08-06-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aman1127 (Post 1900972)
My friends are jealous I can watch Hulu anytime! Yeah bitches.!! I just need the 4G to be set

How? I've failed at that so far.

Alksion 08-06-2010 02:10 AM

Yeah for the first time which feels like 10 years I was in a room with 7 people. All 6 of us had android and 1 had an iPhone 4. We were all running linpack to see who won, and the iPhone owner looked all left out haha...

mnuky 08-06-2010 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarlE (Post 1872583)
then i go watch this..

i like this one man.

Knuxr 08-06-2010 08:53 AM

I put an Apple logo on the back of mine, then go out get wasted and tell everyone that it is the iPhone 5 prototype and then leave it in the bar...

dfve 08-07-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 1900947)

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa
wait'll ya get your bill from at, my wife has iphoney4, but she plays with my phone every am when we drink coffee together:), look at the specs and capabilities, evo wins hands down....draw a line down the middle of a paper, evo rt iphony left, write down the capabilities n get back to us:)
plus, she spends 20 min every month fighting att for bogus charges hahaha, about 20 bucks a month minimum vs my everything plan with sprint

turboll 08-07-2010 03:28 PM

Well its not just a show off to ifoul fans out there but many peolple you hear them talkin like "its that the ifoul4 that just came out?" and the other one be like no stupid thats the EVO i was taking about the ather day dont u see that big camera and the screen its huge too!! :headbang:

btw when i go out dinnin the evo is a good help with my lil girl too i put the bt headset on her and she can watch anything she wants and the best the kicstand thats sick ppl just look at it! and i get to enjoy my dinner!

OMGWTF_BBQ 08-07-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knuxr (Post 1901162)
I put an Apple logo on the back of mine, then go out get wasted and tell everyone that it is the iPhone 5 prototype and then leave it in the bar...

I was thinking about doing that. It'd be fitting too seeing as I use an iMac. I put the another Apple sticker that I have on the back of my netbook and everything thinks it's some kind of new Mac Netbook Pro.

I'm just not sure if I want to desecrate my EVO with a sticker. I don't mean that the Apple logo will ruin it, but the fact that it's a sticker. They always end up peeling off the sticky residue sucks.

GhettoBSD 08-07-2010 08:34 PM

everyone loves the evo! my friend and I at work have one and everyone was asking when we were watching the world cup: "Is that a little tv?" hahaah its sweet!