PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Show OFF :) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=129051)

aman1127 07-29-2010 05:20 AM

I like to say that the coolest thing is that I can hold my phone upside down with a kung-fu grip and I can still make my calls!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

breezer260 08-05-2010 10:53 PM

Re: Show OFF :)

So i did a lot of traveling this past week and I kept getting "is that the new Iphone?" when I pulled out my EVO on the plane and at the meeting I attended. I am getting so sick of that question and just want to say "No I like to make phone calls with my phone" but instead I say no it's better than the Iphone and start going into the bigger screen how much cooler it is. I almost always get a blank disappointing look like "oh, so it's not an Iphone?"

What do you guys say to "normal" people, as opposed to the enlightened people on the forum, so that they understand how much better the EVO is than Iphone?

Boo Boo 08-05-2010 11:28 PM

i need to go to a apple store with a shirt that reads

My EVO 4G wont drop a call no matter how I hold it.

and have my ipad with me so they can't run me out

themuffinman 08-05-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breezer260 (Post 1900800)
So i did a lot of traveling this past week and I kept getting "is that the new Iphone?" when I pulled out my EVO on the plane and at the meeting I attended. I am getting so sick of that question and just want to say "No I like to make phone calls with my phone" but instead I say no it's better than the Iphone and start going into the bigger screen how much cooler it is. I almost always get a blank disappointing look like "oh, so it's not an Iphone?"

What do you guys say to "normal" people, as opposed to the enlightened people on the forum, so that they understand how much better the EVO is than Iphone?

Apple is the master of marketing, they have an amazing ability to make people believe that they were the first to everything when it comes to the iphone. Just the other day I was getting breakfast at mcdonalds and this random lady approached me and asked if that was the new iphone and I was like no this is the htc evo from sprint. I also proceeded to tell her that the iphone was really nice but it aint got nothing on this evo. Well I must have hit a nerve or something and she proceeded to tell me all these features of the iphone but I came back saying my phone can do everything the iphone can then proceeded to show her a few things I know the iphone can't do, atleast not natively anyway. She was shocked and the look on her face was priceless. Needless to say, she had nothing left to say.

racemepls 08-05-2010 11:58 PM

I just show them how it prints money and grants three wishes!

aman1127 08-06-2010 12:09 AM

I want iphone4. It has the wifis

Boo Boo 08-06-2010 12:54 AM

for the amount of money i spend i am thinking unless sprint comes up with a better phone i may go iphone 4 in october when my contracts up.

i really dont like getting raped out of 10 extra bucks a month. havent seen anything yet to make it worth 10 extra a month

biscodude 08-06-2010 01:03 AM

Boo, that's a pretty dumb thing to say considering ATT charges $25 for only 2gigs of data and we get true unlimited data for only $10 per month, including 4G service. Honestly, it's pretty annoying how you guys continue to bitch over 10 freaking dollars. Our plans are still much cheaper and offer more than the competition. Get.Over.It.

cubbieswin 08-06-2010 01:04 AM

I haven't had a fringe session work clearly at all. Same with Qik. Not on WiFi, 3G, or 4G. It's definitely nothing like the commercials I see on TV all the time.

themuffinman 08-06-2010 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 1900947)
for the amount of money i spend i am thinking unless sprint comes up with a better phone i may go iphone 4 in october when my contracts up.

i really dont like getting raped out of 10 extra bucks a month. havent seen anything yet to make it worth 10 extra a month

LMAO, yeah ok. It seems you do like getting raped!!!