PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?
Carrier: Sprint

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just changed to the Damage control rom now my battery life is really short.

Ok I am not blaming this issue on damage control lol I am positive that its not that I mean this battery dies so quick everyone using that rom would be having issues not just me. I think this issue is something I have turned on but just havnt figured it out.

I am running damage control, with launcher pro, beutifal widgets and pure grid callander. I have lots of sense and sprint apps removed. I am having no force issues and everything seems to be working well. The issue is my battery life is horrible. Before switching to DC i ran OMJ and HTC sense and I Had all the settings setup great and got excellent battery life. I know how to adjust things to maximize battery life. However now with this new setup I am running I adjusted the normal settings so they arnt causing the issue. I am thinking I got somethign tweaked wrong with DC or Beautiful widgets. Or even possibly pure gride callander I got from the market.

It just doesnt make any sense I have everything setup just as I had it setup with HTC sense. Everything is set to synce at the same time as it was with sense. The only thing syncing is my mail box and weather with beutiful widgets. Everything else seems to be turned off. I have recently turned off "use gps using network" and just turned on geolocation. Not sure what sense uses to update weather with your location but beautiful widgets seems to have two options. I think there is somethign with these new settings I am not quite understanding because it seems to be set up just as old but instead of running HTC sense I am running Launcher pro.

Thanks, Thomas

Also I didnt change any of the advance settings... I am going to check if the phone is sleeping when off.

Edit all the HTC sync is shut off so its not double syncing also I just noticed that 4g is grehyed out and it says turning on 4G? WTH is that right? It wont let me turn it on or off and it just keeps saying turning on? I tried turning airplain mode and it didnt even budge lol. It doesnt say scanning so I cant think its killing the batte plus its gheyed out so is it even working. Not sure whats going on but something is wrong and figuring it out might result in flashing and starting over lol.

Last edited by twilk; 07-16-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Re: Just changed to the Damage control rom now my battery life is really short.

BTW I am running DC because I am in love with the vanilla lock screen It tells my charge status and its freaking cool. Man why can this just be an option in all roms.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJaredC01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you just flashed, you removed all off your battery memory when you switched roms... Leave the phone plugged in over night, thee next morning turn the phone off and wait for the charge light to show green again, then turn the phone back on and wait for it to show green again... Then go about your business and see if it fixes the issues.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Sorry I paniced lol. Its a sleep issue and I am working on figuring it out now. The phone wont sleep so I gotta figure out whats causing the issue. Oddly enough ever since I found out it was a sleep issue and turned everything I didnt know off in running services I havnt been having any issues getting it to sleep. I even restarted the phone plenty of times to see what would start up and could cause issues. Nothing so far. Not sure what it was but Id still like to track it down to prevent it from coming back.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:31 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have it JIT enabled and running oc widget. My battery is about 30 hours

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
I have it JIT enabled and running oc widget. My battery is about 30 hours

I have no clue what was causing it to do this. I cant replicate the problem, I am now getting great battery life. Something was causing the issue but whatever it was went away. Its strange too, because I will restart the phone and nothing pops up that would kill the phone. I cant figure it out for the life of me, which sucks. I just keeping thining ok problem solved.. for now. I just feel like soon or a later Ill click on an app and not even notice the issue till its to late and ill be out in the middel of no where trying to survive on my bear grills tv trivia lol. Ill figure it out now that I am not panicing its only a matter of time before I narrow down the problem. Plus I am changing to cyanogen once thats released so if its an app issue ill be seeing it soon enough.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm having random restart issues, anyone else?

Old 07-18-2010, 01:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

No I havnt had any restart issues. I didnt mess with any advanced settings.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G