PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   rom manager "rom manager error occurred while flashing your recovery" (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=128431)

lokalori 07-12-2010 03:32 PM

rom manager "rom manager error occurred while flashing your recovery"

I have been trying to get rom manager to work on my phone, but I keep getting "rom manager error occurred while flashing your recovery" when I click flash clockworkmod recovery. I'm using calkulin 1.1 rom. Any one have experience with this?

-Loki

FastRX8 07-12-2010 05:01 PM

Re: rom manager "rom manager error occurred while flashing your recovery"

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokalori (Post 1862218)
I have been trying to get rom manager to work on my phone, but I keep getting "rom manager error occurred while flashing your recovery" when I click flash clockworkmod recovery. I'm using calkulin 1.1 rom. Any one have experience with this?
-Loki

Sounds like you don't have Nand Unlocked.
What method did you use to root your phone?

lokalori 07-13-2010 05:17 PM

I rooted with toast. I figured out that my problem was I didn't rename eng-pc36img.zip back properly. Now I was able to flash clockworkmod recovery. My problem now is that when I use backup current ROM it takes me to /!\ screen. Do I have to plug my phone into my computer to backup a rom?

-Loki

FastRX8 07-13-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokalori (Post 1864214)
I rooted with toast. I figured out that my problem was I didn't rename eng-pc36img.zip back properly. Now I was able to flash clockworkmod recovery. My problem now is that when I use backup current ROM it takes me to /!\ screen. Do I have to plug my phone into my computer to backup a rom?

-Loki

You may not have NAND unlocked.
When you get to the /!\ screen, you can hold Volume UP and hit the Power button. It will give you a chose to flash Update.zip. That's part of Rom Manager. Select it, and it should take you into the recovery screen.

lokalori 07-13-2010 07:19 PM

ok I ended up using the unrevoked2 flasher to get it to work. This has been slightly painful, but I think I finally have things figured out.

-Loki

dakidobf 08-12-2010 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lokalori (Post 1862218)

-Loki

I'm getting that error as well. Not sure i understand how you got it to go away. I'm on OMJ's Froyo 2.1

MrDSL 08-12-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dakidobf (Post 1908756)
I'm getting that error as well. Not sure i understand how you got it to go away. I'm on OMJ's Froyo 2.1

Its funny you guys mention this because when I got my new phone the other day and rooted it via toasts method when I got CM6 up and running and tried to flash clockwork through ROM Manager it didn't work all day.

I tried like 5 hours later and it worked fine. Never figured out what was up with that but I was getting the same error and I hadn't changed anything that I know of..

Worse case scenerio you could always flash the clockwork recovery.img file directly in fastboot.

dakidobf 08-12-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrDSL (Post 1908802)
Its funny you guys mention this because when I got my new phone the other day and rooted it via toasts method when I got CM6 up and running and tried to flash clockwork through ROM Manager it didn't work all day.

I tried like 5 hours later and it worked fine. Never figured out what was up with that but I was getting the same error and I hadn't changed anything that I know of..

Worse case scenerio you could always flash the clockwork recovery.img file directly in fastboot.

Thanks, but I did exactly what you did. I just kept trying and eventually it worked. lol. If first you don't succeed...