PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

mcampos is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
True "Stock" Rom/RUU for EVO

Had a Hero, rooted very easily while keeping stock Rom. Evo came out, had to have it, made the stupid decision to root it, to be able to wireless tether. Now after about 8 hours of searching I am stuck with a supposedly stock rom that will not let me do OTA updates. I am not even sure you can do OTA updates without the original rom. Right now I couldn't care less about rooting, I'm just looking for an official factory shipped stock rom for my Evo, if it does exist. I've tried several but none of them are untouched factory roms, they won't let me update. With Froyo coming out I surely need to be able to update to that. With Super User Permissions or whatever that is called, I was able to get root access on my hero, but can't find it for my Evo. Any and all feed back is ginormously appreciated. I'm afraid I've made a $600 phone incapable of up dates. Pretty pissed right now! Thanx guys.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: True "Stock" Rom/RUU for EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcampos View Post
Had a Hero, rooted very easily while keeping stock Rom. Evo came out, had to have it, made the stupid decision to root it, to be able to wireless tether. Now after about 8 hours of searching I am stuck with a supposedly stock rom that will not let me do OTA updates. I am not even sure you can do OTA updates without the original rom. Right now I couldn't care less about rooting, I'm just looking for an official factory shipped stock rom for my Evo, if it does exist. I've tried several but none of them are untouched factory roms, they won't let me update. With Froyo coming out I surely need to be able to update to that. With Super User Permissions or whatever that is called, I was able to get root access on my hero, but can't find it for my Evo. Any and all feed back is ginormously appreciated. I'm afraid I've made a $600 phone incapable of up dates. Pretty pissed right now! Thanx guys.

look to see what software your phone has if has 1.47 use links below
and if you take any updates from sprint youll lose root....when froyo comes out someone will build a rooted rom

OTA 1.47 root methods

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=792
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=579
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=246
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...51&postcount=1

here is rooted stock rom 1.47
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715915

or use sprint lovers rom its just like stock it as all the sprintware
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127525

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 07-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mcampos is a n00b

Build number : "1.32.651.6 CL17171253 release-keys" <---WTF

Then I check for up dates it shows the available OTA update to 1.47 and will download it and attempt to install, but fails. This is what worries me about Froyo when it comes out. I need a true factory rom. Not worried about root anymore, unless I can get and an updateable OTA rooted ROM. Is that rooted 1.47 stock ROM OTA updateable do you know?
Old 07-11-2010, 07:01 PM
N00b

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Build number : "1.32.651.6 CL17171253 release-keys" <---WTF

Then I check for up dates it shows the available OTA update to 1.47 and will download it and attempt to install, but fails. This is what worries me about Froyo when it comes out. I need a true factory rom. Not worried about root anymore, unless I can get and an updateable OTA rooted ROM. Is that rooted 1.47 stock ROM OTA updateable do you know?

im rooted i wont even try to dl from sprint i want to keep my root

the roms i gave u are rooted 1.47
which is the same build # sprint has out right now
if your rooted just flash one of those roms and youll have the updated stuff
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mcampos is a n00b

Thanx Man, as far as updating, you just wait for the updates to appear in threads as opposed to OTS's? I'm itchin for Froyo.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:16 PM
N00b

Quote:
Thanx Man, as far as updating, you just wait for the updates to appear in threads as opposed to OTS's? I'm itchin for Froyo.

yep as soon as sprint puts out any update or even froyo
the cooks here will be rooting it..

make sure you turn off update software on you phone
Old 07-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mcampos is a n00b

crap i can't get back into the shell where can i find another noob guide??
Old 07-11-2010, 07:56 PM
N00b

Quote:
crap i can't get back into the shell where can i find another noob guide??

for what? to root?
Old 07-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mcampos is a n00b

yeah, i'm cross referencing with xda: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=690762
Old 07-11-2010, 08:04 PM
N00b

you have 1.32 you can use this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=706411
or
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=721055
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo, rom, ruu, stock, update