PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 09:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: sprint

htcvogue111 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any way to increase the 4g radio strength?

I currently have the latest radio/wimax, and my phone is also rooted. I live in 4g area, but reception is spotty around my house and was hoping that 4g connection would be more steady with the wimax radio upgrade. To my disappointment, 4g reception did not improve a bit.... That said, is there a way to increase the wimax signal strength? Or what can i do to make my 4g connection more stable?
Old 07-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(Droid I or EVO): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Yeah step outside !! Cuz wimax is on have very high band and doesn't go threw buildings and walls well

Last edited by Adrianh85; 07-09-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:46 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Any way to increase the 4g radio strength?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(Droid I or EVO): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Yeah step outside !! Cuz wimax is on have very high band and doesn't go threw buildings and walls well
lmao right......go stand next to the tower....lol

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

coppermine18 is just getting started

Flux capacitor! ;D

Bye bye WM, it was fun.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:08 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

no, no, no, you guys are wrong, he needs to go to walmart and buy some rabit ears, aluminum foil and some duct tape and connect it all through the headphone jack and you can get 5g which is .5 times as fast as 4g.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

roflmmfao !! u guys r 2 much
Old 07-10-2010, 04:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

WiMax is overhyped big time. I doubt I'll ever use it regularily (when it comes), but maybe now and then. The lack of penetration means it will be poor to use while traveling, in buildings, etc. I always thought of it as a bit of hype-jazz.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Hehe...he said "Penetration"...

4G is still a new, and while it's new it won't be anywhere near what the hype is supposed to be. Give it some time...when it matures...you will see what it's all about. 4-6mbps isn't to shabby for a cell phone if you think about it. Even 1mbps isn't bad. Do you remember when Cable company's first released cable internet? Was it slow? Yes, did it improve over time? Yes...has it blown up to be super fast? Yes. The 4G market is still small...but everyday it is improving bit by bit.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G