PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 07:36 PM
DevilbearNY

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Unhappy Power Button Doesnt work for sleep anymore...

Hi, I just encountered this problem ; When i used to press the power button it would automatically go into semi-sleep mode. But now it doesnt do it anymore. It is as if it doesn't work at all. Only when i long press it i get the options to Power Off, Vibrate , etc... Anyone had this happen to you? if so Any solution ? please help me out... Thank You in Advance. DB
Old 07-05-2010, 09:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Power Button Doesnt work for sleep anymore...

mines work fine
Old 07-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj.iscool View Post
mines work fine
I don't get how anyone ever thinks this is a helpful post...

Anyway, I've had that happen a couple of times on other Android phones (my wife's Hero for one). I haven't seen it happen on my EVO yet, but it's usually app related. Most likely you've got an app that's preventing it from sleeping... If you completely restart your phone does it still happen immediately after the restart?
Old 07-05-2010, 11:29 PM
DevilbearNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigham View Post
I don't get how anyone ever thinks this is a helpful post...

Anyway, I've had that happen a couple of times on other Android phones (my wife's Hero for one). I haven't seen it happen on my EVO yet, but it's usually app related. Most likely you've got an app that's preventing it from sleeping... If you completely restart your phone does it still happen immediately after the restart?
Yes it still happens. I even use kill all apps app, and it still happens. And no its not that app since i did that from day one that i rooted my phone. And no i didnt do the OTA im still rooted. I had an app that could change some settings but i reversed everything i did before uninstalling it. (Can't remember the damn app name)
Old 07-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Very strange... well, it's gotta be software since the button does work when you press and hold it... it's just a matter of figuring out what app is breaking it...
Old 07-06-2010, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

dajeepman is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dajeepman

So what is it doing? when i press the power button it turns off the screen and if I long hold it it gives option to power off and air airplane mode and other stuff but never sleep mode lol
Old 07-09-2010, 09:36 PM
DevilbearNY

I'm still looking for a solution for this. I was opt to go and flash again but im concerned i have a few apps i paid for and don't want to loose them. Any way to work around a flash with out loosing the apps paid for ? or anyone figured out why this is happening ?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilbearNY View Post
I'm still looking for a solution for this. I was opt to go and flash again but im concerned i have a few apps i paid for and don't want to loose them. Any way to work around a flash with out loosing the apps paid for ? or anyone figured out why this is happening ?
If you paid for them in the market you should be able to get them back once you sign in again after the factory reset.

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G