PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 04:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Abuckateer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Abuckateer
Cool Re: This is why the Evo is really out of stock!

See I get the promoting the phone thing and word of mouth is the best form of advertising but not when the product you are advertising is supposedly out of stock everywhere how are people suppose to buy a product that's not available the average consumer rather compromise than wait for a product they real want/like
Nokia 5110(at&t)> Ericsson T28(at&t)> Panasonic GU87(at&t)>LG VX 4500(Verizon)> Motorola i730(Nextel)> T-Mobile Sidekick> Sanyo katana (sprint)> Palm Treo 650 (sprint)> HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)> HTC Hero (sprint)> HTC EVO 4G
Old 07-09-2010, 04:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: This is why the Evo is really out of stock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalip View Post
You guy has no love for HTC. HTC, in fact every company should learn from Apple, create a army of zombie. Need more ref, watch futurama's eyephone.
If you know anything about HTC, you'll know that they only sell outdated junk that breaks every few months. If you ever had a Touch Pro, you'll know exactly what I mean. Say what you want about iphone, but at least you get top-notch quality that will actually last you a year or two.

My advice is to make sure you have insurance on your HTC device because you will most likely need it.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

My mogul was a solid phone. I had that for almost 2 years. My tp1 wasn't bad either. That lasted me i purchased my tp2. I replaced my tp2 once, but that was due to the ear speaker blowing out. Im sure that was because i used audiopara.

Last edited by fr0st; 07-09-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
Wirelessly posted (TP2 Biznitch: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

My mogul was a solid phone. I had that for almost 2 years. My tp1 wasn't bad either. That lasted me i purchased my tp2. I replaced my tp2 once, but that was due to the ear speaker blowing out. Im sure that was because i used audiopara.
You must've been lucky, I had a couple of keyboard failures on mines. Also,the TP2, although better quality, was a total rip off. Same exact internals as the TP1 but had a nicer screen and better keyboard. They could've at least updated the processor and kept the flash instead of removing it. You would think after a year HTC will actually update the insides. I've had the following HTC devices: 02-XDA (blue angel), Tilt (Hermes), TP1 and TP2. All sucked. The XDA and Tilt the keyboards will wear out quickly. Every HTC I ever had wears out quickly after a short time.

Last edited by NIKKG; 07-09-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; AOSP on XDANDROID MSM Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalip
You guy has no love for HTC. HTC, in fact every company should learn from Apple, create a army of zombie. Need more ref, watch futurama's eyephone.
Slight detour off topic.

That episode was on last night. I was rolling on the floor!

Return to topic.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

LuvmyTP2 is a n00b

So, you are "hating" Sprint for giving out free HTC phones? That makes no sense. #1: that would be an HTC promotion, #2: it is SMART business, #3: so, are you going to hate Nike, Apple, Toyota , musicians, etc? All companies give away free products to PROMOTE them and they give them to those who are HIGHLY visible and in the public eye ...Why?? Come on ...it's common business sense. Don't hate.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I bought one of those I/O phones off ebay two weeks before the release date. See, giving out free phones isn't all bad.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:38 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG
If you know anything about HTC, you'll know that they only sell outdated junk that breaks every few months. If you ever had a Touch Pro, you'll know exactly what I mean. Say what you want about iphone, but at least you get top-notch quality that will actually last you a year or two.

My advice is to make sure you have insurance on your HTC device because you will most likely need it.
Uh, the last time I used asurion is when they replaced my Mogul with a Touch Pro..........than the Touch Pro lasted me all the way till the Touch Pro 2 came out (never had 1 problem with my Touch Pro......that is......until Sprint was replacing them for Touch Pro 2s )!

Haven't had my phone replaced since I got my Touch Pro 2!

I admit that when I had my Mogul that was the MOST REPLACED phone I ever had..............but the Touch Pro killed all that for me! Now my Evo gives me more problems that my Touch Pro 1 and 2 combined!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC-EVO

JAMRZ69 is just getting started

My Mogul was solid for 2 plus years and my touch pro was just as solid I have no problem with HTC there phones have been reliable I guess its just who the lucky ones are that get the good phones there's always bad ones in the bunch but that usually happens with a lot of products
Old 07-09-2010, 09:40 PM
JZ*
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

JZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good workJZ* is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post

Sorry...I couldn't help myself...no flames intended
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRo4Ith0Uf4

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G