PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 12:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Exclamation Camera wont focus... Brand new Evo... Not rooted

I bought an evo on release date and it had a few problems so I took it back and got a new one. About 2 hours after I got my new one home I heard it making a really fast clicking/tapping sound. (click click click tap tap tap) I thought the sound was coming from my speaker so I put it up to my ear after a few seconds I looked at the speaker and noticed that it wasnt the speaker but that it was the camera. I could see the lens physically moving back and forth really fast. Naturally I started the camera app to see what would happen. I snapped a picture and noticed that it was very blurry. I then went to camera settings and changed them and its still very blurry. Its almost as if the camera just refused to focus (looked like I needed glasses)... Naturally, the next step I took was to try to record a video... Same thing very blurry but sound is perfect. Next I tried the front facing camera. It was fine.

I have tried re-starting it a bunch of times... tried cleaning the lens...

About 4 or 5 hours later I took another picture and it was fine. Now the problem is intermittent and if I take 10 pictures 3 or 4 will be in focus and the others wont.

1. My phone is not rooted
2. I have not dropped it
3. It has not gotten wet.
4. Babied it the whole time I've had it.
5. Tried turning off auto focus and using manual

Any suggestions?
Old 07-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff
Re: Camera wont focus... Brand new Evo... Not rooted

Is the lense sticker still covering the camera? I was compairing photos after I got my second evo and noticed the new one wasnt taking any crips shots. My stupidity the sticker was still covering the lense.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

@twilk LOL no I took it off. But your right, thats what it looks like. It looks like something is covering the lens thats how blurry it is.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have this same issue. Just started happening to me a few minutes ago on my Evo that I bought on launch day.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
8mp, camera, evo, focus, lens