PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 04:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Evo "Generic Network Failure"

Ok guys my girl-friend updated her Evo this moring before i could till her not too

she try's to send pic by text and gets
unable to send message generic network failure
is anyone else seeing this?

should i try anything to fix it like a downgrade or just take back to sprint
Old 06-30-2010, 04:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Evo "Generic Network Failure"

This can be a number of things.

1. Poor network coverage
2. Sprint network error when trying to send picture or text

Wait it out a day or so...if it still presists then take it to a Corperate Sprint Store and have the Tech's look at it. 8/10 times it's network releated...

I searched this issue on google and it seems a few of the items I listed cause this issue. Worst case, call Tech Support at Sprint or HTC...they would be the most knowledgable people to help you.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

crookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Had the same problem...took it to a sprint store. They hard reseted it and the problem was fixed. Hope this helps.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookdbill View Post
Had the same problem...took it to a sprint store. They hard reseted it and the problem was fixed. Hope this helps.
Of course they did a hard reset...easy trick in the book...I just posted on another guys thread post that was having the same issue. 99% of the time it's a Sprint server error...and is resolved pretty quickly. Sorry to hear they did a hard reset on your device...I bet it would have started working without it. But atleast you know you have a clean slated Evo.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul(RIP), Pro2, evo4
Carrier: sprint

hidaya is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to hidaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
Ok guys my girl-friend updated her Evo this moring before i could till her not too

she try's to send pic by text and gets
unable to send message generic network failure
is anyone else seeing this?

should i try anything to fix it like a downgrade or just take back to sprint
i am i updated it before i saw the threads saying not to do it.
i ended up having to hang up the phone and one went through, the other one is still sitting there unsent since 952pm. ok just tried it again have her try to resend it should now send seems whatever the issue was has been resolved.
ps. this morning i woke w/another available update... i will not do it!
Old 06-30-2010, 11:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You may want to try to update your profile, this should remedy this error.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

my friend and i had this issue when trying to send mms. i think it's a problem with android as i've seen it pop up a lot when searching google. bet it's worse for sprint. anyway, i updated profile and waited a day and it started working better. My friend, on the other hand, updated his profile and even called sprint. They said it should be fixed and it still isn't.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

So no definite fix for this yet huh...?

Old 09-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

I usually only see the message when I'm sending and receiving a bunch of text and/or pic mails at the same time.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

Are you using stock messaging..?? I get the error when using ChompSMS but it appears as an HTC Messaging error not Chomp..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G