PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Evo 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Will not stay connected via USB (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=127115)

peepeesea 06-29-2010 02:00 PM

Will not stay connected via USB

i searched around and i cant find the thread on this.

i was charging my phone through the USB port and it just randomly disconnected. i reconnected at it is recognized for a second then disconnects. the menu comes up on the screen and i see the notification at the top, but after about 2 seconds it just acts like i unplugged it

i have tried multiple USB ports, cables and different PC's and they all do the same thing now.

i installed HTC sync and rebooted the machine. i changed the power settings on the machine and made sure that the USB power management is disabled.

does any one have3 any idea whats going on?

rainfreak 06-29-2010 02:08 PM

Re: Will not stay connected via USB

Will the EVO continue to charge through the port? If not, it is likely a bad USB port on the EVO. If so, are you running a custom ROM, are you rooted, what do you have installed on the EVO, have you restarted the EVO?

Ticklemepinks 06-29-2010 03:02 PM

i have this issue tho I admit it was after flashing Damage Control 3.2.1 but I think it a bad usb port, i have to keep it in a certain position to work, but htc is known for having bad usb ports on a fone, so if it gets really bad, I'm just gonna take it back...but out of curiosity are you on DC rom too???

peepeesea 06-29-2010 03:28 PM

I have the stock ROM. not rooted. with only basic apps installed. handcent, dolphin, and a few games but those all have been there longer than the issue.
plugged directly in to a wall the phone charges fine.
plugged in to ANY usb port it connects for about 2 seconds then disconnects. there is just enough time for the connect to PC screen to come up but that doesnt even stay there long enough to make a selection.

so something else thats weird. with the phone completely powered off, connected to USB port on my PC, the orange charge led is on... as soon as i power the phone on it disconnects.

my best guess is its a driver issue

peepeesea 06-29-2010 04:34 PM

alright i think i got it...

Info : Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit

-first i uninstalled HTC Sync and the HTC driver from add/remove programs
-unplugged the phone from the PC
-reinstalled HTC sync
-plugged phone back in and selected Disk Drive on the connect to PC screen
-then in my system tray i double clicked on the installing new device icon
-it gets stuck searching for the ADB update via windows update. so i clicked where it says Skip windows update
-wait a few seconds and bam! it works

rainfreak 06-29-2010 04:35 PM

I agree, I would suspect a driver issue. Ironically HTC put HTC Sync on the SD card, so you will need a reader to get it off, if you haven't already copied it to your PC.

peepeesea 06-29-2010 04:44 PM

AHH nevermind! just disconnected

peepeesea 07-08-2010 01:40 PM

is anyone else having this issue?

i am still having this issue and i cant do anything with my phone because of it (root, move music ect)

HELP! please!

peepeesea 07-08-2010 03:37 PM

any one?

this happens on my laptop and my desktop

both are Windows 7 x64 with the HTC sync installed

i have hard reset the phone to try and see if that would do anything, but it was not help.

sanjsrik 07-08-2010 03:45 PM

You sure the device hasn't just simply stopped charging because it's full?