PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 12:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Re: Returned Rooted Evo to Best Buy????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
I work in best buy mobile as well and I would definitely not take your phone back, even though I'm safe in the knowledge that, at some point, I probably helped you root it. Mine's rooted, but I'm not stupid enough to ignore the fact that I voided my warranty and try and return it. Do you get pissed when we check your water damage sticker? Get a life, dude.
LOL this was months ago. I forgot all about this thread. It's all good though I have returned it and have an evo that works now.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
LOL this was months ago. I forgot all about this thread. It's all good though I have returned it and have an evo that works now.
damn all this back and forth for someone who just wanted to unroot his phone and get it replaced...

glad you got a new one!!!=D>
Old 01-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

JeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJeffKay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I went to return my EVO to a sprint store. I unrooted it and got it to say "S-ON" at hboot.

I had the"Bad MAC WiMax address in it. It was fully unrooted and stock.

Sprint declared my hone "DBR" Damaged beyond repair.

I pitched a fit. I called sprint, went to another store. They replaced it.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

lkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stufflkillen knows their stuff

I think what has happened with the PPCGeeks community stems from the fact that rooting has gotten so easy with UnRevoked and other script deployment mechanisms. So many that root have no idea what they are doing and NO RESPECT FOR THE PROCESS. These are the same weanies that are too lazy or ignorant to restore their phone to stock before taking it into Sprint. Why bother? It was just a click or two to root.

What I am saying it that the caliber of Hackers has come down. The golden age is over. It is to be expected.

Well, before I sit up half the night walking some Noob who is crying in his Post-Toasties that his phone is a brick and life is just not worth living, let me know if you are a spoiled brat that will not take time to UnRoot your phone, if the time comes to return it to Sprint. Knowing that, I will leave you to your own kind.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post
I think what has happened with the PPCGeeks community stems from the fact that rooting has gotten so easy with UnRevoked and other script deployment mechanisms. So many that root have no idea what they are doing and NO RESPECT FOR THE PROCESS. These are the same weanies that are too lazy or ignorant to restore their phone to stock before taking it into Sprint. Why bother? It was just a click or two to root.

What I am saying it that the caliber of Hackers has come down. The golden age is over. It is to be expected.

Well, before I sit up half the night walking some Noob who is crying in his Post-Toasties that his phone is a brick and life is just not worth living, let me know if you are a spoiled brat that will not take time to UnRoot your phone, if the time comes to return it to Sprint. Knowing that, I will leave you to your own kind.
This.

I still root via the command line because unrevoked feels cheap.

Sponsored by Kools.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkillen View Post

Tell us how you really feel..

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 01-21-2011, 04:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

cal_j is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to cal_j Send a message via MSN to cal_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
This.

I still root via the command line because unrevoked feels cheap.
Cheap maybe. Quicker.. YES. I'm lazy..

Last edited by cal_j; 01-21-2011 at 04:10 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
best buy, exchange, refund, rooted