PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Re: Returned Rooted Evo to Best Buy????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
you were wrong he was right.

end of story. if the truth hurts dont read it
umm hmmm... you really gotta get a life. I'm done with you. Thanks for your time.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I know the truth hurts.

you just make it harder on the people who dont break their phones than expect a handout when you do. i know i dont want to pay for your slack in the end.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2000gtx View Post
this is a follow up to the UPDATED 1ST POST... the easiest way to go back to stock to me is download the sprint stock zip file in the recovery menu u wipe data and clear the devil cache ( i think thats whats it called) than u go back an click on flash from SD and find the stock sprint zip and flash...

thanks
will this also un-root the phone? or just install the original rom?
Old 06-27-2010, 08:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BlaqMogul is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to BlaqMogul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
so because the guy knew what he was doing he should have let you scam his company and you got pissed over it?

no you were in the wrong not him
and to add on to this:

if you dont know how to/ are worried about RELOCKING, dont UNLOCK in the first place.........yes, i understand tht crap happens but still.....dont send unlocked phones back to the stores...
Old 06-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqMogul View Post
and to add on to this:

if you dont know how to/ are worried about RELOCKING, dont UNLOCK in the first place.........yes, i understand tht crap happens but still.....dont send unlocked phones back to the stores...

this is why i asked the question in the first post... to find out if it would be a big deal. Since I was told it wouldnt be and that people do it all the time i figured that it didnt matter. Thank you for your concern.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I lock the phone and return it to stock anytime I go in for warranty/returns. I also include everything that came with the phone including memory cards, cables, CDs, everything that came in the box.

Droidrox39
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2010, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

ponicg is keeping up the good workponicg is keeping up the good work

Can someone show me where in the warranty terms Sprint would be legitimate in denying warranty coverage to someone because they installed custom software that allowed them to access the superuser on the phone, and/or gave them access to a partition that was hidden/locked by default? I fail to see the legitimization in this, nor do I see anything a judge wouldn't say "Mag-Moss, prove it" to Sprint if brought to court?

We're literally letting Sprint dictate policies that go against US law, then saying "BUT IT IS THEIR POLICY OMG U RETARD WHATS WRONG WITH YOU" instead of going "Well, gee, wait, according to the law they have to take it... Why are we letting their policy trump law?"

Can anyone enlighten me?
Old 06-27-2010, 09:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
I lock the phone and return it to stock anytime I go in for warranty/returns. I also include everything that came with the phone including memory cards, cables, CDs, everything that came in the box.
when i had a problem with my mogul back in the day i did the same thing but since early posts on this thread said it wouldnt matter i just got all of the accessories the bag and the box it took it back still rooted... no big deal though the guy said to unroot it and bring it back. now that i have had time to chill out im not trippin i will just restore it and take it back.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:05 PM
VIP Member

zone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributionszone23 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
when i had a problem with my mogul back in the day i did the same thing but since early posts on this thread said it wouldnt matter i just got all of the accessories the bag and the box it took it back still rooted... no big deal though the guy said to unroot it and bring it back. now that i have had time to chill out im not trippin i will just restore it and take it back.
Everyone is different do whatever you think is the right thing to do for you. I figure I have to flash it anyway and its only a couple extra steps to lock its no big deal.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:18 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponicg View Post
Can someone show me where in the warranty terms Sprint would be legitimate in denying warranty coverage to someone because they installed custom software that allowed them to access the superuser on the phone, and/or gave them access to a partition that was hidden/locked by default? I fail to see the legitimization in this, nor do I see anything a judge wouldn't say "Mag-Moss, prove it" to Sprint if brought to court?

We're literally letting Sprint dictate policies that go against US law, then saying "BUT IT IS THEIR POLICY OMG U RETARD WHATS WRONG WITH YOU" instead of going "Well, gee, wait, according to the law they have to take it... Why are we letting their policy trump law?"

Can anyone enlighten me?
It could fall under unauthorized alteration page 183 of the manual.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
best buy, exchange, refund, rooted