PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

cuchanu is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Qik chat phone to PC?

I keep seeing conflicting reports. CNET and Gizmodo have said at one time or another that you could call a PC with Qik, but I can't figure out how.

Has anybody here successfully called a pc and had a two way video chat? If so how? Thanks ahead of time. Ps I know about Fring.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Qik chat phone to PC?

As far as I know you can't use the Qik app to chat with a computer, only to another Evo. It will however be a future feature.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

You can activate your Qik connection via your Evo and watch it on your PC...thats about it...it's a one way deal...if you want to chat Evo to phone or Skype....download Fring...it's in the app market...allows you to stream video from your phone to another phone with either Skype or a computer with Skype...works quiet well from what I hear.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

URBANGEEK is just getting started

@ ChrisH09

Beat me to the punch...I was typing a response, but was at stop light and figured I'd finish when I reached my destination. (Why was I browsing while driving...apparently I was stuck at the longest light ever...especially for sat when theres no traffic)
Old 06-26-2010, 07:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Threadstarter

cuchanu is just getting started

Thanks for the responses, that's what I figured. Kind of lame because how many people have evos? I have tried Fring (you two didn't finish reading!) and it works fine but is ugly and not even close to full screen. I guess it's all I have for now. Thanks again.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:29 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchanu View Post
Thanks for the responses, that's what I figured. Kind of lame because how many people have evos? I have tried Fring (you two didn't finish reading!) and it works fine but is ugly and not even close to full screen. I guess it's all I have for now. Thanks again.
fring video quality is better then qik imo but qiks fullscreen feature is nice. hopefully qik makes better video quality over wifi that way it would be able to compete with facetime but currently the video quality of qik is less then fring.
Google is the next skynet
Old 06-26-2010, 09:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
fring video quality is better then qik imo but qiks fullscreen feature is nice. hopefully qik makes better video quality over wifi that way it would be able to compete with facetime but currently the video quality of qik is less then fring.
Facetime is a joke...Wi-Fi only....Fring works well for mutiple chat programs...which is a plus. Oh, for $5 you can get Qik in high quality...but again theres a price to pay.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:16 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
Facetime is a joke...Wi-Fi only....Fring works well for mutiple chat programs...which is a plus. Oh, for $5 you can get Qik in high quality...but again theres a price to pay.
damn i didn't know about the high quality qik, thanks for the info. yeah facetime sucks for wifi only access

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
qik, video chat