PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

cerchiarax is keeping up the good workcerchiarax is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Issue with android on Evo

Hi Guys,

I have 3 issues that just started to happen when I went to a custom rom OMJ. But I don't know if I can blame the custom rom yet. Because it could be I'm just using the phone now instead of just playing with it.

1) Anyone having the issue with exchange from android UI Not third-party where your mail gets stuck in the outbox and sends several duplicates to the sender?

2) Unable to click sub links in the android browser. This happens when I do a search on google and try to click the sub links it just wont do anything when I click on it really strange. Any ideas?

3) touch.facebook.com site. I try to search for a friend and when I start typing for example Paul. it will type lauP instead. Seem like the cursor just decides to move on it's own. Really strange. Any ideas? Note: I really was hoping when this happened last night it was because I drank a little to many. But I'm sober now and it's still happening

Well thanks for reading I hope I'm not the only one having these issues.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Maybe it's just me. Guess ill do a factory reset. Client wasn't to happy seeing all my duplicate emails. Hope I can fix this. Really dont want to go back to windows mobile.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Re: Issue with android on Evo

I found your problem...Custom ROM's...they may seem to run better than the stock since they don't have all the garbage in them...and run smoother...but sometimes the cooker that makes them does stuff that may actually make it unstable...or something things not to work the same as they would in the Stock ROM. Try reloading the ROM and see if that works...or go back to the stock ROM. Either that or go to the creator of the ROM and ask him/her about it.
Old 06-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH09 View Post
I found your problem...Custom ROM's...they may seem to run better than the stock since they don't have all the garbage in them...and run smoother...but sometimes the cooker that makes them does stuff that may actually make it unstable...or something things not to work the same as they would in the Stock ROM. Try reloading the ROM and see if that works...or go back to the stock ROM. Either that or go to the creator of the ROM and ask him/her about it.
Really?? What do you think OMJ changed to cause the cursor to go backwards? I am on his ROM and do not have this issue, if it was something he did it would happen to all users of the ROM.
May have just been a bad flash, something you downloaded or you didnt wipe twice between flashes. Could be anything.
ChrisH gave good advice though, try loading the ROM again or factory reset then going back to stock, either one will fix your issue.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I went back to stock. The link issue atleast for now I guess is gone. Exchange issue must be that my company upgraded or something so I'll have to use 3rd party until 2.2 comes out. The Facebook thing still happens. But I think its the site. What happens is if you start entering letters in the friend search field it will start the search process and move the cursor to the left. I found a workaround is to either be real quick or only 2 first letters. But its really annoying. I can't be the only one experiencing this.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

ive never had that facebook issue, on stock, on calkulins, or on bugless beast

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G