PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 05:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can we use the USB port as a host for a camera, etc?

I never found a way on WM, but perhaps Android and the horsepower of the Evo will let us hook up our regular digital camera and download the pictures to the Evo, for emailing from the field, etc. I know we'd need some software, perhaps a file transfer package, or maybe even just a file explorer.

Does anyone know anything about this as a possibility?
Old 06-25-2010, 05:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: Can we use the USB port as a host for a camera, etc?

Need the USB Host drivers which don't exist for us yet... This is something I've been following too for some time.

Nexus One has it
http://www.androidguys.com/2010/06/0...-android-geek/

Most impressive to me is the USB to DVI adapter and then he is running a Linux desktop off the phone. WOW.

Last edited by apristel; 06-25-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apristel View Post
Need the USB Host drivers which don't exist for us yet... This is something I've been following too for some time.

Nexus One has it
http://www.androidguys.com/2010/06/0...-android-geek/

Most impressive to me is the USB to DVI adapter and then he is running a Linux desktop off the phone. WOW.
This is the future right here... Pretty soon we'll be using our phones as our personal PCs... Get home and doc to an external Monitor, keyboard and mouse...

Our phones will replace the home PC... They've already just about replaced the home landline...
Old 06-25-2010, 06:10 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Wow, we're getting there. Figure the Evo with a 1Ghz processor and 32 gig card, it's not that long since I first had a PC that passed those levels, maybe 10 years ago at most. And the overhead on this is minor compared to Windows. Heck, my first PC ran at 4.77 Mhz and had a 360k floppy lol
Old 06-25-2010, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

adenicol is just getting started

Bundo, Have you looked at these, they may suit your needs: http://www.eye.fi/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:02 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adenicol View Post
Wow, impressive card. I'll have to call them up and see if that might work
Old 06-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Damn, that nexus one project is AWESOME.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO / TP2

OMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good workOMGWTF_BBQ is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by adenicol View Post
I was just about to suggest this. Send your photos over WiFi to your EVO.

I remember reading about this on the N8 and how it'll come with USB support stock. It's only going to be so much longer before this happens to the EVO as well, especially if it's on the Nexus One.

For anyone of you Ex-Touch Pro 2 Users like me, anyone remember Zeno's Host drivers?

External mouse, keyboard, CD/DVD, USB HD, USB Card reader and more.

So there was a way back in WinMo, but I think Android is going to be much more compatible and definitely smoother on a 1GHz snapdragon.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

adenicol is just getting started

I have seen these cards at Best Buy as well so you can probably drop in one of those and check them out there too.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G