PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 06:43 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369
Re: Sprint rep knew i DOWNLOADED TASK KILLER?

NAH...........but on a serious note the phone does run background data so who knows what data its sending and where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(?)
Old 06-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

I would certainly ask the rep " How the F7**& you know what I have on my phone !! ". I would be furious if they know what I have done to my phone from day to day.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

bringit167 is just getting started

Well, it is weird that he knew without you telling him... but at the same time who really cares if they can see what programs you downloaded? Hell, your ISP can see everything you do online at home...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-25-2010, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evolte

grad20_09 is becoming a great contributor

The RS I picked my EVO up at, was trained to put ATK on the devices, as well as Best Buy associates(I believe)... or at least to recommend to download it. Perhaps you misheard the guy... I highly doubt Sprint has access to that information.... If they do... time to root?

EDIT: although i do remember reading somewhere that each carrier has their own market, kind of, or some kind of control over it, or maybe it was an article saying that they were loosing money because they didn't have their own market.. don't remember, what a shame..
Old 06-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: (2)HTC EVO & HTC Touch Pro

jobryan26 is keeping up the good workjobryan26 is keeping up the good work

I do not believe Sprint has access to the market however obviously Google does. The recent article floating around on the net over the past few days stated that Google has the ability to remove an app from the market and it will also remove the app from your phone. It does this via the sync in market. I am not sure what is going on in this situation. Very interesting topic that's for sure..
Old 06-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This sounds like privacy issue to me if Sprint would have access to Market we download or any other app we get from other areas. Maybe rooting would be way to go if whatever was on phone that let Sprint see what was on phone.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:56 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP

If this is true, I wonder if they are monitoring it on the phone itself (some type of reporting app/service) or if they are doing it via the market or some other external method?

Old 06-25-2010, 10:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Don't any of you guys work for Sprint? ...?
Old 06-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I am friends with the manager of a local Sprint store and we are cool. I will ask him tomorrow (I needed to go to the store anyway) and see what he says. I trust him and know that he won't lie to me. Once I get word, I'll post back here (Saturday late morning EST).
Old 06-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I agree, if that is true then this is some shady business.

Sent from my Evo 4g

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G