PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

shadowhawk2021 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: XDA are starting to break the 30fps on 002

I just wish we could get a fix that includes working cameras. Having a working screen, or working cameras is a pain in the ass.

That said, I know we are just waiting on HTC
Old 06-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

All in due time, they have been moving pretty fast considering this phone has only been out only 3 weeks.

Sent from my Evo 4g
Old 06-26-2010, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

luckyzac is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Can't wait for them to come up with a fix for the 002's
Old 06-26-2010, 03:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

I think the screens are fairly adentical. The biggest diffrence between the screens is there color settings. Much like a TV these screens have to be setup and one manufactures correct color is diffrent from anothers. My 002 has nice colors but dull blacks and whites, however my 003 has bright whites and deep blacks but color isnt as poppy and pretty. Other then that the diffrence is hard to tell I have viewed videos on youtube to compair side by side and have viewed movies on both to compair side by side. They seem to be running working the same. I did just test my 003 with FPS2D and got an avg of 28. I didnt test the 002.

Also the 002 has the screen lift issue and has light leaking from the bottome the 003 does has neither of those issues. Plus the 003 has a raised power button and that is freaking really nice. Lastly a minor thing the 003 has a duller black back door lol so its not so girly full of sprink sparkles.

Edit: Forgot to mention the screen seems more vibrant on the 002 it does have duller blacks and dimmer whites but the colors are a little more vibrant. This being said The 002 still has to many issues and the 003 is still my first choice.

Last edited by twilk; 06-26-2010 at 03:10 AM.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

codeman05 is keeping up the good workcodeman05 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyzac View Post
Can't wait for them to come up with a fix for the 002's
They are already half way there. Right now it only yeilds 40fps, BUT, there isn't a tearing issue that some have reported on the 003's, and it also appears to fix the "grounding" issue...or at least it did for me.

The kernel still has a couple of quirks, but they haven't been at it long, so I'm sure they (or maybe HTC even) will have something for us soon. The fact that they have made this much progress so quickly is pretty impressive IMO.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Getting the camera to work on any custom kernel is probably not going to happen until HTC releases source.
Radio: 2.15.00.09.01
Old 06-26-2010, 09:01 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

whats the benefit of t2 over t1

Old 06-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

MrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMrDSL is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
whats the benefit of t2 over t1
Some say t2 is smoother because its capped around 40fps..I get around 52fps with t1

I dunno they both seem pretty smooth to me.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:25 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

t1 wont work for me... it stays at 30 but t2 stays around 4o. weird. is there a special step for t1 i might be missing? all im doing is flashing the zips
Old 06-26-2010, 10:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatom3 View Post
Yeah which makes me wonder when HTC said they had a software patch to fix the grounding issue that was coming out soon if that is going to fix the fps cap.
Just to clarify.. it IS a grounding issue. The reason it is fixed with this, is due to the undervolting. Less electricity requires less ground. But its a hardware issue, fixavle through software
Your welcome

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G