PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Notices

View Poll Results: New Software
I will be updating to new version 83 64.84%
I do not want to lose my ROOT 46 35.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Hex
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Hex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Hex Send a message via AIM to Hex Send a message via MSN to Hex Send a message via Yahoo to Hex
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo 4G : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlsc2111
I lost my "Unrevoked" priveleges... I can't use the wifi thether anymore. I uninstalled and reinstall unrevoked, but it didn't work. Anyone else having this issue? Do I need to wait for an update to unrevoked?
I too lost unrEVOked root.... shame on Sprint....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Im on That Evo 3D Level Now lol
Carrier: Sprint Evolution

Omegakai is a n00b
Re: New software version 6.28?

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_rules View Post
It shouldn't, I have seen other people on unrevoked download and install the updated today. They did report that it breaks unrevoked though so some word of caution.

You may want to try to reboot your phone and then try again. A good reboot fixes things sometimes. Let me know if this helps.
nope didnt work still havent seen a update lol maybe they are going by areas so that every one doesnt try all at the same time and cause a systems server crash or something
Old 06-28-2010, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo 4G : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

shame on sprint for improving a device? you should be happy software updates are coming as soon as they are! look at the hero and moment, took them 7 months to do so!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:11 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

It doesn't work on de-dex'd ROMs, per Calkulin in this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=126944

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 06-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff

I would suggest people turn off their phones. If you did not have ground issues before, now you might. I did the update and I can no longer turn my phone on. version 002

Last edited by varaff; 06-28-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

Blaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegakai View Post
yea and everytime i try to update it tells me im up todate or that im running the newest version i hope this is not a bug with my phone lol but i am using unrevoked could this cause a issues ?
No it shouldn't cause an issue. I am using unrevoked and when I selected HTCbsoftware updates option, the new update appeared for me. Although, I didn't install it.

It could be just the way it has been rolled out. The update is probably on some type of roll-out schedule to prevent a cluster F'k of updating at one time creating an overload of the network.

Try on hourly intervals.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Hex
PPCGeeks Regular

Hex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHex is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Hex Send a message via AIM to Hex Send a message via MSN to Hex Send a message via Yahoo to Hex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100
Quote:

shame on sprint for improving a device? you should be happy software updates are coming as soon as they are! look at the hero and moment, took them 7 months to do so!
I forget that sarcasm is lost in forums.... I really do appreciate the improvements else I would not do them... I also have the realistic expectation that Sprint as a company would do everything in their power to prevent "unauthorized" modifications to devices to circumvent the ability to use services that they could otherwise charge for... the shame is that while improving the device they felt it necessary to handcuff the freedom that is the true nature of the Android OS and Android community...

Next time I will try to be more verbose in posting to prevent getting flamed for an offhand remark...
Old 06-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

Blaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good workBlaqdymun is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Damn, sorry to hear that. I need wifi tethering on my long commutes into the city, I would be sick If I had to pay $30 bucks for the feature. Hey speaking of which: Is it $30 a month for the hotspot feature or a one time $30 fee, just curious.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Hex
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaqdymun
Quote:

Damn, sorry to hear that. I need wifi tethering on my long commutes into the city, I would be sick If I had to pay $30 bucks for the feature. Hey speaking of which: Is it $30 a month for the hotspot feature or a one time $30 fee, just curious.
Per month... which most of us believe is a bit steep for a cell phone feature...
Old 06-28-2010, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

neuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_rules View Post
Well, doesn't seem that this update is going to work for me. When it reboots for the first time it gets stuck at my recovery screen. When I put clock work recovery back I get the triangle exclamation warning thing. I am restoring my custom OMJ rom which works flawlessly anyway right now and I will have to wait for this update to be incorporated in to the custom roms. No biggie. Thanks for all the help people.
Thank you for all the updates!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G